Chapter 51

Faith POV: I wasn't exactly sure what I just walked into. Tim was sitting up in the bed and Scott was in a chair near him. It looked like Scott was about to cry. "I-I left my purse." I said. They stared at me. "I hope I didn't interupt anything." I said. "No honey it's fine." Tim said. "Yeah everything's fine. Actually, I'm kinda glad you came in here." Scott said. "Why?" I asked. "Because I need to talk to you." He said. I knew this conversation was coming, but I was really hoping to delay it til after we left the hospital. "If you guys don'y mind, do you think you and I could go have a talk out in the hallway?" Scott said to me. "I looked at Tim then back at Scott. "Sure." I said and we both walked into the hallway. When Scott looked at me I could tell he was sad. "Scott I..." I said. "Please, before you say anything, can I just say something first?" He said. I shook my head yes. "Faith, when I told you I loved you, I wasn't lying. And I can only hope that you truly loved me at some point too." He said. "I still do love you it's just..." I started to say. "You love Tim more. I know, I get it. How can I compete with the dead husband that came back to life right?...I want you to know that it's ok." "What's ok?" I asked. It's ok that you love him more. And it's ok if you don't want to see me anymore. Don't get me wrong, I would love to spend the rest of my life with you, but I see the way you look at Tim. And it's pretty easy to say that he is the one for you." He said. "You're right." "I know I am." He said smiling. "I'm sorry for everything I put you through." I said. "You have nothing to be sorry for." He said. I couldn't help myself, I had to hug him. "So what do we do now?" I asked. "Well, you are going to spend the rest of your life with your family. And you are going to be happy." He said. "What about you?" "First, I'm going to go back to your house and get my things, and then I'm going to leave Tennesse. I think it's time I move on." He said. "Where are you going to go?" I asked. "I don't know the answer to that yet, but I will make you a deal. Wherever I end up, I'll send you a post card ok?" He said. "Ok." I said. We hugged one last time then he started to leave, but he stopped and turned around. "Tell the girls I said goodbye." "I will." I said. Then he turned back around and left.