Chapter 16

Faith POV: After the memorial was over My brother took the girls to get something to eat and Scott drove me home. I would have driven myself home, but I just didn't feel like I could. I felt numb. When we got back to the house I put my jacket on the coat rack and my purse on the kitchen table. "Do you want me to make you something to eat?" Scott asked. "No thanks." "Come on Faith, you haven't ate anything all day." "I'm just not hungry." I said. "Please just eat something for me. I'll make whatever you want, or if you want me to go out and get you something I will. You just have to eat something." He said. "Oh, alright...I guess could you make me a fried bologna sandwich?" I asked. "I sure will!" "I'm going to go lay down til it's done." I said. "Ok." He said. I walked into my room and went to the closet to put my shoes up. It was like Tim was still there. All of his clothes were hanging up where they usually were. His hats were on the top shelf. Over in the corner was a pair of his favorite boots. How could he be gone when it feels like he is still here? I walked to thr bathroom to wash my face. Over by the hamper on the floor was one pf his tshirts. I picked it up and smelled it. It still smelled like the cologne he liked to wear. I set the shirt down on the counter. I washed my face off and opened one of the drawers under the sink. I took out a bottle of this anti depression medicine my doctor gave me a few days ago. Ive been taking them since then, but they just don't seem to be helping any. I still hurt. My heart still hurts. All of this is just so painful. I looked at myself in the mirror. I don't even look like myself. I looked away and opened the bottle of pills and dumped all of them out into my hand. It would be so easy for me to just end everything right now. I grabbed Tim's shirt and smelled it one more time. Then I took one last look in the mirror and lifted the handful of pills to my mouth.