Chapter 14

Scott POV: "Can I suggest something something?" I said to Faith. "Yeah." She said. "Maybe you should think about having a memorial for Tim. I think it would help both you and the girls to have some sort of closure." I said. "But what if he isn't dead. What if he is out there somewhere lost or something." She said. "I wish I could that was true, but all of the evidence points to that he is dead." I said. I know that was harsh, but I didn't know a way to sugarcoat it. "I...I just have a feeling." She said. "What kind of feeling?" "I don't know how to explain it. I just feel like he is still here. When other people I've known have died, I could feel that they were no longer here on earth with us. But I just don't feel that way about Tim. It feels like any minute now he is going to walk through that door." She said. "I know how you feel. I felt the same way when Sherry died. I think it has something to do with the fact that yall were married. You knew him better than anyone. He even said it himself, you were his best friend." I said. We sat in silence for a minute. I noticed that Faith was twisting her wedding ring around her finger. "You really think it would help the girls to have a memorial?" I asked. "Yes, I do. I think it would help them to have some closure. And they could say goodbye." I said. "Well...then I guess that's what we should do. Will you help me plan it?" She asked. "Of course I will." I said. "Ok." She said. "It's getting late so I better get going. But I will be back tomorrow." I said. She stood up and walked me to the door. "Hey Scott." She said. "Yeah?" I said. "Thanks for helping with the girls and everything...you're a great friend." She said and then she hugged me and I left.