Wolf 26

-KIM JONGIN-

When I entered the cottage the following morning, Byun Baekhyun and Kyungsoo's grandmother are sitting crossed legged on the floor whilst reading old books. "These are all wrong," Baekhyun is saying. "Grandmother, do you want me to correct these?"

The old woman looked at Baekhyun through her glasses. "You could," she mumbles. "But don't make unnecessary marks, okay?"

"Of course!" Baekhyun exclaims, grabbing a pen from the side table. He started to correct some words written on the book he's holding and by the looks of it, it's a book about werewolves. I looked over his shoulder to see him making a large 'X' mark over a paragraph. It's something about werewolves bite and I didn't take the time to read any of it.

Grandmother glanced up at me. "Where's Kyungsoo?" she asked.

"School." I answered as I sat on one of the comfy chairs. "Chanyeol's with him so you guys don't have to worry."

"Why didn't you accompany him instead?" she asked without looking at me this time. She's reading a book about potions and I'm suddenly curious if it's the book that taught her how to make one. I rested my back on the chair, sighing.

"He doesn't want me to." I muttered. "Those Hunters would be waiting for him and he doesn't want me getting into fight with them. So I sent Chanyeol instead."

Grandmother slowly nodded. "Will he visit me again?"

"Of course," I said, smiling this time. "He said he'll come again tonight."

"That's good." the old woman answered.

Knowing I already answered Grandmother's questions, I nudged Baekhyun with my foot. "Hey, Baek. Wanna go hunting?" I asked. "I'm starving."

"What?" Baekhyun glares. "You just ate a bear last night!"

"Yeah. And I have to share it with Chanyeol. That guy's a glutton."

Baekhyun scoffs but he slowly put down the pen and book he's holding. "Grandmother, we'll just go for a hunt. Are you okay being left here?" I looked him over and he's wearing a new shirt, something free from the black blood he's been bleeding until this morning. The original flush on his cheeks has returned and he's as close to the healthy Baekhyun he had been since Yifan tried imprinting on him.