Wolf 10

- DO KYUNGSOO -

Everything happened in a blur.

Jongin is suddenly not human. 

He started pouncing on each of the guys who tried to harm me, ripping their heads off with his strong teeth. With an angry growl, he'll whip his head, throwing the bodies inside the forest and I suddenly heard nearby growls which didn't belong to him.

I closed my eyes and tried to breathe. My chest feels heavy and I can't move without sending a jolt of pain all over my body. Panting, I tried to pull myself up but groaned when I realized I can't move my right leg. I looked around the clearing and the night is suddenly silent. The crickets are back and the bird continued their distant melodies.

Where's Kim Jongin? 

I leaned back against the tree and tried to concentrate on my breathing. I licked my lip and tasted blood which immediately made me flinch. Pain is everywhere and I find it hard to locate where the stings are coming from. I feel wasted. I feel like death itself. It's agony.

Suddenly, a dark figure started walking from the edge of the path. I squinted, trying to see through the fading moonlight and I find it hard considering my blotted vision. I scooted closer to the tree though it hurts my back. 

"D-don't..." I gasped when he's finally nearer. I closed my eyes, waiting for another wave of pain.

But a warm hand gently touched my cheek, making me take a sharp intake of breath. I didn't dare open my eyes because I'm afraid of what I might see. I felt my breathing getting faster with each caress and I clenched my fist, feeling tears stream down my face.

"You're safe now." He murmured in that soft voice. Like the wind is carrying it to me.

And it's that voice.

It's that voice I heard after Hanjeon's death.

I still didn't open my eyes. "I-It's you." I gasped. "Y-you killed him." I clenched my fists tighter and started sobbing. Kim Jongin kept on wiping my tears away with his fingers. His hand feels incredibly warm and I can't help leaning into him.

"Kyungsoo..." Jongin whispered and I automatically opened my eyes and found myself gazing into a pair of golden orbs which are watching me carefully. His brows are furrowed into a frown and he's looking at me with such worry that I could almost feel his nervousness. 

I backed but the tree is blocking my escape. "P-please don't kill m-me..." I sobbed as I looked into his eyes. "I-i didn't do a-anything..." I felt another wave of tears and Jongin just keeps wiping them away. He brushes my cheeks and the blood at the sides of my lips.