Wolf 3

- DO KYUNGSOO -

We didn't have classes the day after Yoon Hanjeon's death-- And for another whole week starting today. The whole school is under investigation.

I saw Victoria Song yesterday when i went to the market to buy groceries and she said the police officials had a really hard time distinguishing the body because his remains were just so... messed up. And really brutally killed. They only knew it was him because of the almost unrecognizable eagle tattoo on his chest.

"It was really gruesome, you know?" Victoria had said as we made our way to my bike. "The writers of the school paper were fighting over who will do the news."

I frowned in confusion. "There's still no lead?" i asked her then.

Victoria sighed when she heard my question. "Hanjeon's death was somewhat... different." she had answered. "No human could do that, Kyungsoo. It could even be black magic... or worse, something more physical..." The fear was very much evident in her eyes. 

I didn't ask any more questions after that. I just bid my goodbye and pedaled my way to the mountains. When i reached the foot, i climbed off my bike and walked the remaining meters to our home deeper in the forest.

Today, Mother is knitting the remaining inches of a blood red riding hood she's making for me while I am currently arranging the fruits in a basket i will deliver to Grandmother later.

"Mother," i called and she tilted her head to one side. "I still have my jacket. You don't have to make me a riding hood."

Mother raised one of her hands, talking to me in sign language.

"It's almost finished."

I smiled. "You can use it." i said. "That riding hood would really suit you."

My mother smiled back but she shook her head and continued finishing the hood. When I'm done packing the fruits, i made my way towards her and i sat on the carpet beside her chair. I grabbed one of my old books, the one with vampires and werewolves in it, and flipped through the pages but not really reading.

"Someone died again." i muttered and i felt Mother pause from her work. "I'm sure you didn't hear about Hanjeon. He was the son of the head of all departments at school."

Mother continued knitting.

"It was so cruel. The way he died, i mean." i said. "It was like he was tortured. Then killed. They said it could be black magic. Like witches and wizards doing their job. Or... wolves."

I glanced at Mother and she basically stopped what she's doing. She's looking far through the window now, her eyes distant and cold. Her jaw tensed as she reached for the pendant of her necklace. It's a tooth from a wolf and it hangs from a black leather thread wrapped around her neck at all times. With the tooth is another silver pendant, a triangle with an eye at the middle.