Wolf 16

-DO KYUNGSOO-

Lee Taemin released his hold around me almost instantly and the sudden movement sent me tumbling to the ground. His hand flew to the gun on his belt and he clutched the dagger tighter in his other hand.

"Shit." he hissed as Kim Jongin stepped from behind the tree. The night is getting closer now and the wind is colder against the skin. It's starting to get dark and when that moment comes, I know Taemin will be cold dead.

Without waiting for the enemy to make a move, Taemin threw the dagger into the air and into Jongin's direction. But Jongin is faster and he easily dodges the knife, gritting his teeth together until I could see his canines peeking out of his lips. His eyes are so red and angry I suddenly felt a certain fear creep up my spine.

'They killed my family!'

I shook the memory out of my head as I slowly retreated to a tree nearby. Jongin advances towards Taemin, his arms trembling beside him and his nails are black and longer than ever. Taemin pulled out his gun and pointed it to Jongin's face, making him stop on his tracks. 

"I will kill you," Taemin hissed. "And I will not think twice."

"Kyungsoo will not join you." Jongin said and his voice is shaking with anger.

Taemin managed to smirk. "Why won't he?" he breathed. "Your pack killed his own father, beheading him in front of everyone. And you tortured his mother, sending her mute for the rest of her life!"

I froze. "W-What...?"

What did he say?

Taemin must be lying... He should be. What he's saying can't be true. 

Kim Jongin won't even look at me and I wanted him to. I want him to disagree. I want him to say that they didn't do it. I want him to defend himself and his pack and make me understand why they did it. I want him to give me more reason to choose him over my family. 

I want him to make me choose him.

But why won't he do that now? Why can't he look at me?

Jongin just stared at him and the shaking of his hands started to subside. Even the glow in his eyes started to fade, returning to a calm and familiar shade of brown. I managed a sigh of relief but it was short lived because Taemin suddenly pulled the trigger, making me scream in shock as Jongin stepped back in pain, his hand flying to his shoulder. Blood gushed out of a bullet wound on his shoulder and before Taemin could aim another shot, Kim Jongin changed form right before our eyes.

"NO!" I screamed, knowing he's going to kill Taemin. "Jongin! Stop! Don't!"