Wolf 12

- DO KYUNGSOO - 

The rain continued outside the cottage and small holes on the roof send drippings on the wooden floor. The breeze is getting stronger and the sun doesn't seem interested in showing itself to us. It's still too dark to see everything but bright enough to see clearly. 

I should be freezing now. But thanks to him. 

"What do you want to know?" Jongin whispered in my head. The giant wolf beside me doesn't even open his mouth to talk. His voice just enters my head and makes me feel like he has his lips pressed against my brain. 

I shifted, snuggling closer as I wrap my arms around my body. When I did, his tail tightened its hug around me, making me grin. "What are you willing to share?" I asked. 

"Depends." came Jongin's muffled reply. The wolf tilted his head, his red eyes watching me. It's like Baekhyun's that day. The only difference is that Jongin's eyes aren't filled with fear. His stares are warmer and softer, like he's watching me gently. 

"Was it a bite?" I asked and his eyes seem to smile, I could almost hear his laugh in my head. 

"No."  Jongin answered. "I was born like this, Kyungsoo." 

I hesitated but asked anyway. "Even Baekhyun... and Chanyeol?" 

The wolf nodded slowly, resting his head on his paws as if tired. I still pain all over but not unbearable like last night. I nearly died, I know. I nearly got raped. I don't know how I could thank Jongin for saving me. I rested my palm just below his ear and started making small circles with my hand, soothing him. Jongin's eyes fluttered close. 

"How did you know about them?" He asked. 

"Baekhyun had some... panic attack when he smelled me, I think." I whispered, watching him. "Glad Chanyeol was there just in time." 

The wolf grunted, displeased. 

"You know he told me something about you guys being together since childhood." I said as I tried to divert his annoyance. He still has his eyes closed and his breath is so warm I'm tempted to hold my hand against his nose. 

Jongin nodded again. "Yes. In a wolf pack, we have the Alpha as the highest rank. The subordinates include the Beta and Omega."  he explained in a slow voice. "When you're not an heir to being Alpha, you're allowed to leave your original pack and look for another one in another location... Find your destined partner, maybe." 

I frowned. "Does that mean you, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun came from another pack away from here? You guys aren't with your original families?" 

With my question, Jongin shifted uncomfortably under me. "No. And yes." he whispered. "Yes. Chanyeol and Baekhyun are not from here. They stumbled into our pack when they were just a few years old. And no. I'm from here, Kyungsoo. Originally."