Wolf 25

-DO KYUNGSOO-

We're still sitting on that side of the pond, holding each others' hand like letting go would bring us both apart from each other. It's not a surprise Grandmother helped Kim Jongin and his friends. After taking care of my father, who's a werewolf, and treating him as her very own son, I know that werewolves would always have a soft spot in my Grandma's heart--- especially the kind ones.

"Where do you plan to go after all these?" I asked, looking up at Jongin and watching him frown to the forest. I feel sorry for them, I really do. But part of me believes it's for the best. That they can't stay in a pack who wouldn't accept who they really are.

Jongin bit his lip, thinking. "I don't know," he whispered. "But we can't stay here. We can't bring your grandmother to harm."

I was confused. "Why? I thought they all left already. Who would want to harm Grandma?"

"Kyungsoo, it's not that easy," Jongin sighed. "Soon enough, Kris will realize he still has unfinished business... and that's you. Anyone connected to you would be in a grave danger. Kris would kill you, Kyungsoo. He would, believe me."

Words failed me and I was left staring at Jongin, eyes wide in disbelief. When I heard that Kris and the pack left the forest already, I thought we would finally be left in peace. Oh how it is wrong to think that way now.

"He believes the prophecy," Jongin whispered, looking at me with eyes that looks afraid even in the dim light of the afternoon. "That you're a powerful half-blood that could kill everyone of us. It's just that, you still haven't find that power in you. And when you're dead, he'll sure kill me next to gain overall control of the pack."

I tried to relieve the fear that's starting to crawl from the small of my back to my neck and brain. "So he's going to eat me..." I choked.

Suddenly, Jongin chuckled. "You're really cute," he smirked, shaking his head in amusement. Then his amused face slowly turned to something serious and he tightened his hold around my hand as if in assurance. "I won't let that happen," he whispered. "I will protect you, okay? You just have to trust me."

"I do trust you." I whispered back, leaning into him so he could kiss my forehead. "I do, Kim Jongin. I trust you with my whole life."

Jongin's other hand went to find my face, caressing it gently. "When Kris tried to attack Baekhyun this morning, I suddenly found myself in Chanyeol's position, seeing my love one like that..." then he shook his head like he's trying to forget a memory. "I would die seeing you like that, Kyungsoo. I can't see you like that."