Wolf 21

- BYUN BAEKHYUN -

The deeper you get in the forest, the more smell of blood and meat fill your nose. I am almost confused and bewildered to experience such thing. I could already feel the saliva dripping at the edges of my canines and the taste of a bear I just killed still lingered on my taste buds.

I'm not in my wolf form today because I'm afraid to lose contact with Chanyeol. When I'm in human form, my senses are less sharp which means I am entertaining less distractions and 'signals'. I hid behind a tree just as another grizzly bear crossed my eyes and scent. I closed my eyes, smelling its blood and hearing the beating of its heart.

Slowly, I walked out of my shade and the bear turned to look at me very slowly as if it's in pain. It stumbled on its own feet and it didn't bother threaten its razor sharp teeth at me. As I took a step towards it, the bear didn't even wince.

I stopped, frowning. And when I looked really closely, I realized the bear is pregnant. She has one giant paw over her belly and suddenly, I could hear the baby's beating heart. She's almost about to give birth and I'm about to kill them both.

I hesitated and when the bear cast me another lonely look, started to back away.

"That's right, baby." I heard Chanyeol chuckle inside my head. "You don't want to kill a poor baby, do you?" he teased and I rolled my eyes as I walked back into the forest. My white shirt and pants are covered in dirt and blood. I wonder when I'll learn eating decently. \

"Go away." I shot back and I almost heard him laugh. "I'm not yet done, you jerk. Stop bothering me!"

"Okay." Chanyeol replied and when I could feel his presence slipping, he murmured, "I'm talking to Jongin. Sehun told me some... news."

That made me frown and I stopped by a tree, leaning into it whilst panting. "What news?" I asked. "Is there something wrong with the pack?" I wiped the sweat and blood on my face while waiting for Chanyeol's reply. I could still feel him though he's not saying anything. My brain feels heavy and that happens when he enters my mind. Sometimes it's tiring.

"I don't think it'll be nice talking about it like this, Baek." Chanyeol finally answered and he's serious. I could tell at least that. "I'll come for you later. I promise."