Wolf 14

- DO KYUNGSOO -

Kim Jongin let go of my hand when we reached a wide tree with its giant roots sticking out of the hard forest ground. The noon is chilly and I threw him a nervous look the moment he stepped back.

"So this is where we part," he said and his voice is too sad I fought the urge to ran back to him.

I glanced back to our house with its roof peeking from behind the thick bushes and the tall Molaves and oaks. The sun is casting its heavy rays on it, making it look like shining through the day.

"I'll see you soon," I muttered and then a terrifying thought occurred to me so I added, "Right?"

The smile Jongin gave me suddenly made my knees weak. "Of course," he breathed and the breeze blew again, making his hair sway and my breath hitch. He's inhumanly beautiful I can't believe he just said he loves me a few hours ago.

A nod was all I could give him.

Kim Jongin returned the gesture, but as he turned on his bare feet, I felt the need to tell him what he needs to hear. Or probably what I wanted to tell him the last time he hugged me.

"Jongin," I called and he stopped in a heartbeat, turning to look at me with his brows raised in question. "I won't run away." I stared into his eyes and something like relief flashed through them. "I won't run away from you. I promise."

It sounded so sure and desperate at the same time. Maybe because I am so sure about what I feel or maybe because I am so sure it is Kim Jongin that I have been waiting for my whole life.

Everything feels so foreign and weird. But good.

"You don't know how happy those words made me feel, Do Kyungsoo."

I smiled despite myself and I never thought watching him leave would bring forth such... pain.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun were right.

There are three people standing outside our house and they're wearing weird clothes made of black and brown leather. Tattoos cover their bare arms and the designs are all the same: claw marks in black ink. They are talking to one another seriously with their heads close and their hands playing with the gun in their belts.