Wolf 23

- KIM JONGIN -

 The smoke is dark and it sent alarm straight to my brain, making me jerk upright, tilting my body so I am facing it completely. In one swift sniff, I already knew where it's coming. The wood, the rust, and the oldness reverberates from the dark pooling of gas swimming through the sky.

"It's the house!" Chanyeol screamed in my mind, gritting his teeth as another growl erupted from his cut throat. Dark red blood oozed from his cuts and he limped as he walked towards me, staring between Baekhyun and the smoke. "Jongin, we need to do something!" he hissed but I ignored him. We both know this is hopeless.

"Ah!" There's a sharp pang of pain when Baekhyun's knees hit the ground, gripping on his right shoulder that's starting to bleed a kind of blood that is too dark to be perfectly normal. Outright, I smelled the tinge of poison and lust seep out of Baekhyun's body. In one swift motion, Chanyeol is already in human form, running towards his mate and wrapping his arms around him. He looks bad himself, bleeding and bruised but there's no denying the graveness of the situation.

The bush around us moved and I looked to see Yifan's wolf form escaping back to the forest. "Yifan!" I growled and tried to follow him but another scream from Baekhyun's direction made me stop on my tracks.

Chanyeol gritted his teeth. "He bit him," his voice is shaking from anger and fear. "He fcking tried to imprint. Damn it!" he tried to stop the blood from flowing but his hands did little.

Baekhyun's wound smells like burned meat. This happens when a werewolf try to steal someone else's mate. Yifan tried to 'inject' Baekhyun with his fluid though someone already owns him. This is what happens when a werewolf break the rules.

"Here," Chanyeol murmured as he reached for Baekhyun's shirt that's lying on the ground. He carefully dressed him with it and tries not to bump on his wound. "We'll try to fix that, Baek, I promise."

"It hurts." Baekhyun whimpered, leaning on Chanyeol's shoulder as he closes his eyes as if he's in deep pain. The other wrapped a protective arm around him and he met my eyes, begging me to say something. The wind blew and it carries smoke with it. If I concentrate more, I could hear werewolves cheering, shouting as they won a battle we didn't want to make.

Everyone left. And they left us with nothing but ourselves.

"I know someone who could help," I murmured and I don't know when that particular thought hit my mind. When Chanyeol frowned at me, reading my face, I know what I have in my mind is crazy. The beyond insane type of craziness. I cleared my throat as I stooped down, offering my back to them. "We have to try."