Wolf 2

- DO KYUNGSOO -

Despite the fact that our village is not one of those rich and luxurious one, the school buildings here are well taken cared of. Our school, Yulje High School, is located on top of a hill and secluded by trees. The buildings stood far away from each other that's why owning a bike is really efficient. 

Our school has been home to gruesome fights and murders even before. As i had said before, it's in Yulje High that you will find just about any kind of students you could think of. Fraternities, sororities, gangs. Just anyone. And anything.

And now as i think about those things, Hanjeon, the troublemaker who did me wrong a while ago, is also involved in countless fist fights here in our school. The students just can't get him expelled because his father is the head of all departments here.

The first building one would see upon entering the gates is the English building and i have Literature here today. I walked by the side of the hallways, away from other people's notice. Everyone here sees me as the weird guy from the mountain and whose mother can't talk.

Yes. My mother is mute. And I think the fact that I never got the chance to hear her voice will forever be something heavy I carry in my heart. 

Just when i'm about to pass the Journalism room, i stopped and grabbed a folded bond paper between the pages of the book i am holding. The paper contains a poem i just wrote. Truthfully, I slip some of my works in a small mailbox outside the school's journal office whenever i feel like it. 

As i'm about to leave, the door of the office suddenly swung open and Victoria Song, the editor-in-chief of the school paper, walked out and grinned widely at me. "There you are." she giggled and i watched her grab my arm with shock all over my face. She's wearing a short denim dress and black leggings that goes down to her ankles. Her flat boots are pitch black and she has a thick hairband holding her hair.

"T-That was my first time." i stammered, desperately trying to cover up what i had done. But it's not like i did something wrong! I just feel like i did something wrong. 

Victoria waved me off with her manicured hand. Her nails are of different colors today. "Oh shush." she scoffed. "I knew you were sending those poems." then she pulled me aside for us not to block the hallway.

I gasped and stared incredulously at her. "Y-you... you knew?"

"Uh. No." then she laughed out loud. "I just caught you, okay? There's no hiding it." She reached down for my ID and tried to read my name with a frown. But then she gave up and she grabbed her pink-rimmed glasses from her pocket and wore it with a groan.

I watched her in utter shock. I can't believe the editor just caught me. Why am i so stupid? 

"Do Kyungsoo. And you're in 12th grade already?! Does that mean you were sending your poems since first year?! My god! Why did it take you so long to approach me?! I've been publishing your works ever since. I'm tired of writing 'Anonymous' every fucking time!" she demanded as he removed her glasses.