Wolf 1

- DO KYUNGSOO -

My mother has always chosen the wild over the noisy, bright lights of the villages below. She always says that nothing could be compared to the peacefulness the forest could offer. Ever since i was born, the animals have been my friends and the forest my playground. My father, who died when i was just little led her to this closed and silent lifestyle. 

I squeezed the tire of my bike and sighed in relief. The stony path from our house to the village is always damaging the one and only transportation i have for now. A squirrel, chomping on the nut its holding is staring at me. I gave it a smile and fixed the strap of my bag around my body.

Then i heard the noise.

That noise-- Like dried leaves breaking under a foot.

Without warning, I turned towards the noise and the squirrel ran up the tree and to its home for safety. The bush is still moving when i looked so i immediately ran to it, parting the leaves and its branches. What are you? 

But as usual, i'll see nothing. I'll see no one

I sighed and debated whether i should go deeper into the forest. But the last time i went exploring, i got lost and the storm almost caught up with me. I was three years younger then.

And since that day, i've been hearing that noise and having that feeling-- Like someone watching and following me. 

Or maybe I'm just imagining it. 

Maybe it's just another animal that wanted a friend or attention. Maybe it's just afraid to show itself. I slowly shook my head then walked back towards my bike. The squirrel is looking down at me from its home, a nut still in its hand. 

"Did you see it?" i whispered to the small animal. "Am i being watched?"

The squirrel kept on chomping on his food. Huh. Did I really expect an animal to answer me? Stupid, Do Kyungsoo. 

But then the squirrel suddenly looked behind me. He jerked upright then scrambles away. And its actions were so sudden that I gasped loudly and almost dropped my bike. But i didn't dare look back this time. I immediately rode my bike and pedaled away from the path with as much energy as i could. 

I don't think i would like to face it just yet.