Wolf 5

- DO KYUNGSOO -

We reached the small wooden bridge that leads to my Grandmother's gates. I stepped on it and looked down at the shallow lake underneath it. Fishes of different colors are swimming peacefully. 

"Won't you come?" I asked Jongin as i gestured to the small cottage in front of us. 

He smiled and shook his head. "I can't." he said and i felt a rush of disappointment-- Which shouldn't be the case. Besides, i don't really know Kim Jongin that much. He's just that someone who stares at me every time i see him at school. 

"I understand." I muttered and tried to smile.

Jongin nodded, still smiling. "I'll go ahead then." he said and turned to leave.

But i really need to ask that one thing.

"Kim Jongin." I called and he stopped on his tracks, turning to me with his eyebrows raised. "Can i ask you something?"

Jongin furrowed his brows. "It depends." he said and he sounds so cautious as if he's afraid i might ask something he could never answer. But i don't think my question is that hard, anyway.

I touched my neck. "Uhm. I don't want to sound so assuming..." i started and i suddenly feel the heat running to my cheeks. I didn't know it'll be this embarrassing.

"What is it?" Jongin asked curiously.

I waved him off. "Aren't you cold?" I blurted out. "You're not wearing any shoes on. And a jacket."

"That's your question?" Jongin smirked and he's obviously fighting off a smile.

I felt myself blush and i slowly shook my head. "I-it's not that, actually." i muttered, looking down. I stared at my feet and then to his. I'm expecting them to be white with cold but they look absolutely normal aside from streaks of mud dirtying them.

"I don't feel cold." Jongin said with a smile. "So... what's your real question?"

I squeezed my eyes shut for a second, shaking my head. "Never mind. It's embarrassing." i breathed and the wind blew once and i hugged myself from the cold. 

Jongin grinned. "Well that just made me more curious." he said, raising an eyebrow at me.

I met his eyes and swallowed. "I don't really want to sound assuming, okay?" I started. "B-but... Am i just imagining it or you're really staring at me every time we see each other at school?"

There i said it.

Ugh. It's really embarrassing.