Wolf 11

It's five in the morning and it's raining cats and dogs.

The raindrops are angrily hitting the roof of the old cottage, sending quite a noise to the sleeping figure against the wooden floor. The small haven is made of bamboo and iron. It smells like rotten wood but with a trace of peppermint and lemon grass. It's dark outside but a hint of sunshine is hiding behind the trees from the horizon. 

Kim Jongin rests his head against the closed door of the cottage as he watches his prey.

Yes. He ought to call him that, anyway. A prey. Do Kyungsoo is supposed to be his prey after all. He's supposed to be someone he have to kill. Someone who should be dead by now. Someone he wasn't supposed to save from dying. 

Do Kyungsoo stirred from his sleep and that's when Jongin realized he needs to wash his wounds again. So he crawled to one side of the cottage, retrieving his wet shirt and a pail of water. He had found this cottage four years ago, when he tried to run from the pack. 

Jongin didn't want to be this. He cannot accept the monster that he is. 

He slowly lifted Kyungsoo's hand and wiped the shirt over his wound, removing the streaks of dirt that clung from the cottage floor. He wasn't able to get a mat because when he visits here, he sleeps in his wolf form. Who needs a mat anyway? 

Jongin reached for the hem of Kyungsoo's shirt. Then paused. 

He bit his lip, shaking his head. "I don't think he has a wound under his shirt." he muttered to himself. Then he withdrew his hand, wiping it against his damp pants. "Yes. No wounds, Kim Jongin. No wounds." 

Jongin eyed Kyungsoo's body for a while before traveling his gaze to his sleeping face. 

'Just imagine yourself as the most beautiful painting. And you're being paraded in a place full of frustrated artists who couldn't have you. Who wouldn't turn their heads to look?' 

He wonders if Kyungsoo did what he told him that day. To look into the mirror and stare at his face. Kim Jongin has been doing that for some years now, behind bushes and trees, away from his sight and knowing. He wonders if Kyungsoo even got the tiniest bit of idea of the fact that for him, Kyungsoo would always be beyond perfect. 

Jongin reached for his face and traced the bruise that appeared beside his lips. It's something between blue and purple and Kim Jongin wants to murder them again. He wants to torture them like he did with Yoon Hanjeon. He wants them to beg like that asshole did. He wants them to crawl on their broken hands and legs. He wants them to suffer before his eyes. He wants to make them feel every pain they caused his love. 

Love. Yes. That's it. 

Because no matter how he denies it, Do Kyungsoo is the prey of his love.