Wolf 22

- BYUN BAEKHYUN -

"Relax, Baek. It's just me."

I let out a long sigh but didn't relax. "Yifan..." I breathed, shaking my head slowly. "You scared me. I didn't smell you coming." I started to walk to find another prey and I could hear his steps following me. Yifan is wearing a thick leather jacket over a thin white shirt. He's obviously from the school.

"You look like sht," he grinned as he looked me over. "Your mate didn't teach you how to hunt properly?" he's obviously teasing me and I threw him a glare.

I unconsciously started to wipe all the blood on my white shirt and lips. "What do you want?" I asked as I sniffed the air. Yifan himself is basically clean and well-groomed today and he smells like the strongest perfume I could ever think of. I wrinkled my nose when I saw a rabbit cross our way. Not appetizing.

"You." he answered and I could sense his smirk.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm serious here." I mumbled as I concentrated more on inspecting the forest. I could smell small animals but they're not enough to suppress my hunger. I need larger animals. A lion perhaps?

"Baekhyun, you know I am not kidding at all." he answered and this time, his voice dropped to barely a whisper. "You know how I feel about you." I stopped on my tracks to face him completely. He's wearing that firm, determined look on his face and he's watching me with hawk-like eyes.

Of course I know how he feels about me. I know he'll choose me that very day the pack competed for being the Beta. I know that if he won over Chanyeol, he'll choose me as his mate. I know that I'm the only one in our pack he truly cares about. But Yifan could also be aggressive and selfish. And sometimes, I fail to see the goodness in him.

I crossed my arms over my chest and look at him sternly. "We already talked about this, didn't we." I said. "Yifan, you can't imprint on me, especially now that Chanyeol and I---"

"I hate when you mention his name." Yifan hissed.

"You made me." I shot back, glaring. "It's more than a hundred years now, Yifan. It's time for you to find that someone you could actually call 'yours'. You can't spend eternity loving me when I love somebody else. It's not only unfair for me, but also for you."