Wolf 20

Thank you otakuanime72 for the new cover of BBW! Super fitting! :) xoxo!

* * * * *

- KIM JONGIN -

Sehun picked up a rock from the ground and threw it back after a second, sighing in frustration. We're near the gates of the school and students meet up with their friends, gossiping about the new trend of clothes and hair. I had lived long enough to know the oldest of trends and it's ironic how I envy these mortals them so much.

"Last night, I slept outside the mansion," Sehun murmured, his lips barely opening. I looked away, sniffing the air for any familiar scent. I am able to catch Baekhyun's smell. Also Kris and the others. I grunted and glanced at Sehun fast.

"Why?"

Sehun gave me a look like I must know the answer. "They hate us," he murmured. "They don't believe anything you said."

I pursed my lips. "I told them the whole truth." I answered and I felt suddenly tired fighting over this. "I have nothing to explain anymore." We're near the gates now and I could feel Sehun's annoyance radiating out of his body.

"The pack hates your rules." Sehun hissed angrily.

I stopped on my tracks and Sehun did the same. "And?" I hissed back, stepping closer to him until I could stare at his eyes intently. Sehun started to back away as a shade of red crossed over my eyes, making him shiver in fright. "You hate it, too? Tell me."

Sehun averted his gaze and his frustration fades away. "Like Baekhyun," he whispered in a voice too low. "I'm afraid, too. I just found this pack ten years ago, Jongin. I'm not ready to be kicked out of it." When he looked at me again, his face is a mixture of fear and regret and I don't blame him. I entered the mansion this morning to be greeted by glares and murmurs from the members of the pack. Even the youngsters hate me.

It's just that, I can't blame anyone at all.

"I'm not being selfish here." I whispered as I stepped back from him, my body finally relaxing. "I love Kyungsoo, I do. But I also want what's best for this pack, Sehun. I see the young and I know they can't live the way we're living now. It's a difficult world and we can't give them that." I looked at Sehun, watching for any reaction of doubt on his face. But he clenched his jaw and nodded at me. He suddenly looks really determined.