02. the next day

Magsimula sa umpisa

"It's fine, E, and no, Mal, I'm not heartbroken as I was yesterday. I feel quite better, actually."

Mal smirks. "Great. You'll feel better when I beat him up later today. Nobody messes with our baby brother without going through us first. Right, honey?"

Evie nods and gives Carlos another wink before pulling into the Starbuck's driveway and parking her car at an empty parking space.

They all climb out of the car, and Carlos is greeted with Evie wrapping her arms around his neck, giving him a kiss on the cheek as she pulls him closer.

"Don't worry, 'Litos, Mal and I'll take care of that jerk. Doesn't matter that his parents are the principal and vice-principal of the school, we'll kick his royal butt." She explains, throwing her leg in the air as to show him a demonstration of it.

Carlos laughs, entering Starbucks and getting into the line first things first.

He pulls out his phone and heads to the messagings app, opening Jay's contact and typing.

'hey, at starbucks. want anything?'

He puts his phone back in his pocket and wait for a reply as he gets closer to the counter.

Mal and Evie go first and Carlos stays behind them, looking through all the choices and finally picking one of many. His phone dings in his pocket and he gets it out, reading what Jay wrote back.

'sure. get a venti iced latte. i'll pay you back xx'

"Next!"

He walks up to the counter and order for both Jay and himself. After, he walks away from the counter, sitting down with Mal and Evie in a small table.

"You ordered two things?" Mal asks.

Carlos nods.

"Why?"

"It's for a friend." He replies, shrugging.

"But I hate iced lattes."

"Me too." Evie pipes in.

"That's because it isn't for either of you in the first place." He explains practically scoffing at how they were so gullable.

"Then who is it for? Because we're the only friends you have, AND OW." Mal turned to look over at Evie, who had kicked Mal's leg from under the table.

"Well, not anymore."

"One venti iced latte for Jay and one vanilla bean frap for Carlos!"

Carlos winked at the girls and stood up from his chair, grabbing the drinks and smiling at the cashier, mouthing a small 'thank you' at him before heading back.

"So, the name's Jay, huh?" Mal stood up from her seat, taking a sip from her black coffee, raising an eyebrow.

"Yup." The younger said, popping the 'p.'

"When'd ya meet him?"

"Just yesterday."

"But you broke up with Benjamin yesterd - OW!" Mal stomped her foot and punched Evie in the shoulder.

Evie whimpered and held her shoulder. (Carlos could tell why. He's been punched by Mal before. Wasn't pretty).

"Okay. Let's go before you guys start fist fighting. I'll ride passenger. Mal you get back." Carlos ordered, opening the door to the passenger seat.