Alstromeria

Tears are only water, and flowers, trees, and fruit cannot grow without water.

a l s t r o m e r i a

[a flower that symbolises fortune and friendship]

"Ky, Samantha has bailed out on us. She had gone in labour pain sooner than she expected." My assistant informed me about the latest problem in my life.

"What? Now? We are only nine days away from the damn event." I screamed at her.

She looked unfazed at my outburst. Diana was habitual of my anger issues and stayed cool during them.

"Relax, Ky we will find someone for the job." She said giving me a glass of water.

"Someone to arrange flower on a celebrity wedding anniversary, I don't think so."

I was pacing in my office unable to curse Samantha since it was not her fault that her baby wanted to come out too early.

I needed a florist, fast.

***

A strong scent of flowers hit my nostrils as I entered a small yet beautiful looking flower shop named Aphrodite. Naming a flower shape after Goddess of beauty, smart.

"How can I help you?" A girl asked me and I was at a loss for words for a second.

She stood out even in the bundle of flowers around her. She was wearing a t-shirt of the shop; Aphrodite, baby pink in colour and her hair was tied in a messy bun. She didn't have any makeup on and her eyes screamed pain.

She was beautiful.

"Sir, what are you looking for?" She asked yet again.

I was here for work, I snapped out of the daze and that has never happened before.

"Umm...can you arrange flowers?" I asked not sure what I should ask.

"Not me but Amelia there can. I just sell flowers." She gave me a small smile not reaching her eyes.

"So you have no knowledge about flowers then?"

I don't even know why I asked that.

"Well, I know everything theoretical about them."

"Then work for me." I offered pretty sure I was being impulsive.

I was an uptight person when it came to my work but here I was hiring a girl who had no experience in the flower arrangement.

"I told you, it's not me, it is Amelia's job." She was frowning now.

"Then why do you work here?" I was persistent.

"Because I like flowers." Her eyes hardened telling me this was not the whole story.

"What do you like about them?

She was agitated now.

"Because every flower has a meaning." She said.

"I don't believe it."

"But they do, each and every flower in this shop tells us something." She insisted not ready to give up.

"Then tell me and I might believe."

"Sir, what do you want?" She asked not sure what I was asking, even I was not sure.

"You say you can't be my flower arranger, then tell me all the theory till the day I believe that they are nothing but a colorful plant."

 ❄ 

Another update. Please vote and comment :)

I am pretty excited about the story as I am feeling the emotional connection.

How was the chapter?

Dedicated to willwrite4tacos, my newest friend :)