Part 38

It was time for Connie's twenty scan so after taking Grace to school they went to the maternity clinical.
Connie was called straight in, then she laid down on the bed and rolled up her top up.
Jacob sat next to her and held her hand as Mr Dean began to scan her.
"So how's everything been progressing?" He asked.
"Great, I'm being kicked and punched on a regular basis and having the weirdest cravings known to man but atleast there's no more morning sickness" Connie replied.
"Oh yeah great for you" Jacob muttered, "you aren't going out at 3am to buy chocolate and anchovies" he added.

Connie glared at him playfully then looked at the monitor, "are they doing ok?" she asked.
"Perfect, twenty fingers and twenty toes, not each of course" Mr Dean replied.
She laughed and smiled slightly as she squeezed Jacob's hand.
"Would you like to know the sex of the babies?" he asked them.
Connie and Jacob both nodded as they had previously agreed they would find out.
He studied for screen for a few seconds then looked back at them, "a boy and a girl" he told them.
Connie welled up as Jacob brought her hand to his face and kissed it gently, "wow, one of each" he grinned.
She smiled and nodded, "we best get started on the nursery then" she said.

Jacob nodded, "err, since she's getting further along and everything, what's he deal on... well, sex. Is it bad for the baby? How often can we do it?" he asked.
Mr Dean chucked a little, "would you mind me asking how often you do do it? Per week?" he asked.
Jacob looked at Connie who thought for a second, "since Monday, seven times" she told him.
His eyes widened a little, "it's only Wednesday!" He said.
"We know that" Connie replied.
"Right, well I can't say it'll harm the baby in anyway, if anything as your pregnancy progresses it should help to relax the baby, but I'd be careful at the very end because sex is known to occasionally induce labour if the baby is in the correct position, and since you are being medically induced we don't want that to happen" Mr Dean told them.

"I'm just waiting till after the birth when you get nothing for six weeks, how will you survive?" Connie smirked at Jacob.
"Don't remind me" he groaned.
Connie laughed and cleaned the gel off her stomach before sitting up.
Jacob helped her off the bed and wrapped his arm around her waist, "mini me and mini you" he grinned.
"Hmm, you two better stick together because you've got three of me to live with now!" Connie replied.
"I wouldn't have it any other way" he told her with a soft smile.
"Oh don't get all soppy on me or I'll make you do my paper work. Anyway thank you Mr Dean" she said.
"It's a pleasure Ms Chase, Mr Masters, I will see you both in eighteen weeks to meet your little bundles of joy, which I'm sure will be eventful as ever" he replied.

"Yeah about that, do you by any chance sort out broken bones here? Specifically hands and fingers? It's just she's got some grip" Jacob said earning a light punch in the chest from Connie.
"Right that's it, you're buying me lunch now too" she told him.
"I already know that since you told me when I parked the car that you wanted a pizza brought to our office since you were hungry and I was irritating" he said.
"You were irritating! You had coffee this morning!" Connie said.
"Oh well sorry you can't stomach it at the moment!" Jacob replied as Mr Dean sat back in his chair chuckling to himself.
"Shut up and get me a pizza!" she snapped as she threw her hands up to push open the door and walked out.
"Good luck with that one" Mr Dean said.
"Thanks, I'll need it" he said.
"I heard that. Both of you!" Connie shouted back in.
"Oops, sorry sweetcheeks" Jacob said as he quickly followed her out.
"Pizza now!" she said.