Part 11

Connie looked up at Jacob in shock, "you know, how?" she asked.
"When I arrived I saw the way you were sleeping with your hand on your stomach like that, something's clearly been worrying you and you only drank water at dinner. I had a hunch, but you've just confirmed it" he told her.
"Jacob I'm so sorry, you can go. I'm not going to make you stick around" she said.
"Woah, woah baby you aren't making me do anything. I want to stay, I love you. I love you so much Connie, and our baby" he replied.
"Really? Do you mean that?" she asked in disbelief.
"Course I do sweetcheeks" he said before placing his hand on top of hers then gently kissing her.

Connie and Jacob went up to bed an hour later then they both removed all of their clothes before climbing into bed.
Jacob wrapped his arms around Connie's naked body and placed his hand on her stomach as she snuggled into him.
"You really do make me happy" he told her.
"You make me happy too Jacob, I'm so glad you're still here" Connie replied.
"I'm not going to leave you sweetcheeks I promise" he told her.
"I love you" she whispered.
"I love you too" he replied before they both feel asleep with smiles on their faces.

The next morning in Connie's office she was lying on the couch with her pants down whilst Jacob had his face buried in between her thighs.
"Oh Jacob that's so good" she moaned as he sucked on her clit and ran his tongue up and down it.
She gripped the fabric of the couch as he pushed his tongue inside of her causing her to cry out in pleasure as she came.
He licked her clean then moved back up her body to kiss her just as a message came through from Clarice onto her phone.
"Ms Chase I have Staff Nurse Master's sister here. She says she needs to see him urgently but he's not on the ward" she told her.

Jacob pulled away and climbed off Connie then she adjusted her clothes.
"Let her in" Jacob said.
Connie nodded then picked up the phone and pressed redial, "send her through. Thank you Clarice" she said.
"Just when I was finally happy, she comes back" Jacob muttered just before the door opened.
Connie was sat at her desk whilst Jacob was sat on the couch looking less than impressed.
"What are you doing here Carla?" he growled.
"It's mum, you need to come to the hospital" she said

"What's wrong with her? What hospital?" Jacob asked.
"She's had a heart attack, she's in Holby City. I requested for her to be moved here but she's too ill at the moment" Carla said.
Jacob looked at Connie who nodded, "go" she said.
He looked back at Carla who was waiting for him anxiously, "wait outside I'll be out in a minute" he said.
She nodded then retreated out of the door closing it behind her.
"Connie I know it's a lot to ask but" he started but she cut him off.
"I'll come with you" she said as she picked up her coat and bag.
"Thank you" he said before placing a gentle kiss to the side of her head.

They walked out of Connie's office hand in hand to Carla and Clarice.
"I have an emergency to attend to, I'll be back as soon as I can" Connie said before walking towards the exit.
"Why are you coming with us?" Carla asked causing Connie to turn around and glare at her.
"Because Holby City used to be my hospital, I'm the queen of cardiothorasics so if you want your mother looked after then keep your mouth shut and let me do my job" she said before turning back around and walking out.
Carla and Jacob followed her, Jacob smirking and Carla being very shocked.
"We'll meet you there" Jacob said then he and Connie walked over to his car whilst Carla went to hers.

They arrived at Holby City then both parked up their cars.
Connie walked towards the entrance with Jacob next to her and Carla behind.
She didn't recognise many people, it had been a while, five years to be exact, but the ones that she did recognise certainly recognised her.
They took a lift up to the sixth floor then walked out onto Darwin ward.
"Who's treating your mother?" Connie asked.
"Err Ms Naylor and a registra, err I can't remember his name, a Mr" Carla said.
"Mr Strachan" Connie said in horror as she looked at the man walking towards her.