Part 27

"Connie what have you done?" Jac asked as she sat down next to her and Clarice.
"I've been so stupid, I don't know why but I just forgot and now Jacob's going to hate me! He can't find out" she sobbed.
"Find out what Connie?" Clarice asked.
Connie carried on crying as she lifted up her blouse revealing her small bump, "I'm pregnant and I'm so drunk! He'll hate me for being so careless, I wasn't even that bad then I met a guy at the bar, we were talking and it turns out we went to school together, I just carried on drinking, completely forgetting! I only remembered when I went to the bathroom and I saw my bump, he's going to hate me for putting our babies at risk" she sobbed.

"Woah, Connie calm down, it's ok. Look it's one night, yes you're drunk but as long as it doesn't happen again your baby should be fine" Jac reassured her.
"Babies! There's two!" she screamed.
"Ok, ok there's two. Jacob doesn't have to find out if you don't want him too but I'm sure he wouldn't hate you for it, it was a mistake" Jac reassured her.
"He would! He loves the babies so much, I'm a terrible mother" she cried.
"No you aren't, not at all. Come on, come back to mine and sober up, then you can call Jacob and just tell him I was the drunk one and you've had to look after me" Clarice said.
"Thank you" Connie replied through her tears.
They got their bags and coats then Jac got Connie a bottle of water before she and Clarice left in a taxi.

Connie stumbled through Clarice's front door, tears still streaming down her face since she was an emotional drunk anyway, but this time she was genuinely upset about it and the hormones really didn't help.
"I'll get you some more water and some coffee, there's a spare room at the end of the hall" Clarice said.
Connie smiled weakly, "thank you" she said as she brushed away her tears.
"Mummy?" a little girl asked as she appeared in the living room rubbing her eyes.
"Hey baby, go to daddy ok?" Clarice said as she bent down infront of her.
The little girl hugged her before going back along the hall.
"I didn't know you had a daughter" Connie said.
"Yeah, Amira, she's three" Clarice replied.

"She's beautiful" Connie said sincerely.
"Thank you, Connie go and lie down, I'll bring in what you need" Clarice told her.
"Thank you" she said before wandering off down the hall, still a little unsteady.
She took her phone from her bag as she laid down on the bed.
There was a text from Jacob asking her what time she would be home causing her to sigh, she contemplated just texting him but she needed to hear his voice so instead she called him.
"Hey sweetcheeks" Jacob said as he answered.
"Jacob" Connie said as she choked back a sob.
"Baby what's wrong?" he asked.
"I'm so sorry" she cried, her words slurring.
"Con have you been drinking?" Jacob asked her, keeping a clam tone.
"I'm so sorry" she cried again.
Jacob sighed and turned to Grace who was lying across his lap watching a movie, "go and get yours shoes and coat sweetheart" he said.

Grace got up and went to get them whilst Jacob spoke to Connie again, "baby where are you? I'm coming to get you and bring you home" he told her.
"I'm at Clarice's, Jacob are you upset with me?" she asked worriedly.
"No princess I'm not, just wait there and please try to sober up" he said.
"Thank you, I love you" she told him.
"I love you too" Jacob replied before ending the call.
Connie was lying on the bed waiting when Clarice came in and handed her a cup of coffee.
"Thank you, I called Jacob. He's coming to get me" she told her.

"Does he know you've been drinking?" Clarice asked.
"Yes, but he's not mad" she replied.
Clarice smiled slightly, "that's because he loves you. But honestly I had no idea you were pregnant" she said.
"We just decided to keep it under wraps, didn't want people gossiping, well didn't want nurse costoya gossiping. God she's a bitch, I have no idea why I employed her, she's the worst nurse I've ever met!" Connie said causing Clarice to laugh, "drunk connie is great!" she said.
"Well I can assure you, you won't be seeing anymore drunk Connie for the next five and a half months atleast" Connie told her.
Clarice sat with Connie, who started becoming increasingly sleepy, until the door bell rang.

She let Jacob in then led him through to the bedroom she was in.
"Hey sweetcheeks" Jacob said softly as he picked her up.
"I'm sorry" Connie replied sleepily as she snuggled into him.
"It's ok baby, but no more drinking. Now let's get you home, Grace is sleeping in the car" told her.
Connie meerly nodded and closed her eyes as he carried her out into the hall, "thank you Clarice" he said.
"Not a problem, I've met worse drunks" she laughed.
Jacob smiled, "night" he said before carrying Connie out to the car.