Part 2

Connie had spent the entire night thinking about Jacob.
She had fantasised about men before, but in that case she always knew she could have them.
This was different, he was different. There was something about him that made her feel so powerless over him.
He had walked into her office the next morning, without so much as knocking which very few people had ever dared do before, and sat down on the chair in front of her desk as if he had sat there a thousand times before.
"I've been thinking, and I've decided that you didn't help your husband with the murder" Jacob said.
"Could you also think about knocking next time?" Connie asked him.
Jacob lent back with a small laugh, "you know you love me walking in here whenever I want really" he said.

He wasn't wrong but he wasn't right either, Connie hated people walking into her office uninvited, and although she wasn't completely ok with Jacob doing it, she hadn't bitten his head off about it either.
"What ever makes you happy Jacob, now with me please, I need to show you around" Connie said before standing up from her chair, followed by him.
He looked her up and down, taking in her appearance. A tight black pencil skirt, black blouse and black stilettos. Her hair was down in neat curls like it had been the day before whilst her makeup was sutble with a slightly pink lipstick.

Jacob followed Connie out of the office, staring at her arse and legs as they walked.
"This is the staff room" she said as they walked past an open door to a room full of couches, a coffee table, a fridge, cupboards and a kettle.
Jacob nodded then followed her on until she opened a door and took out a white uniform before closing it again.
"And this is yours, I'll show you to the changing rooms, you can get changed then when you are done I'll take you to the wards, you'll be on cardiothorasics" Connie told him.
"And where do you work?" he asked.
"Well I'm the CEO" she said matter of a factly.
"And yesterday you informed me that you had patients to see, so which ward?" He asked again.
She pushed her cheek out with her tongue feeling frustrated at how he was getting to her, "lead consultant in cardiothorasics" she said.

"Well in that case, I look forward to working with you. Sweetcheeks" he said before walking into the changing rooms, brushing his hand up against her's sending tingles down her spine as he did so.
"Ms Chase" Connie said with a sigh then lent back against the wall.
He returned a few minutes later wearing the uniform that hugged his biceps perfectly.
"Rule one of nursing, always look better than your doctors. I think I pretty much do that, other than you of course" he said with a wink.
"Aaah you are forgetting something Staff Nurse Masters, I'm a surgeon, not a doctor. Shall we?" She said.
"Lead the way sweetcheeks" he replied.
"Ms Chase" she growled before turning on her heel and walking towards the wards.

"Right everyone, this is Jacob Masters our new senior staff nurse. Nurse Costoya if you wouldn't mind showing him the ropes please?" Connie said.
"Of course Ms Chase" a Middle Ages nurse said as she approached them.
"Thank you, I'll be in my office if you need me" Connie said before turning on her heel and walking back down the ward.
Jacob's eyes followed her, smirking as he watched her walk away.
Nurse Costoya looked at Jacob and instantly new what he was looking at,
"I wouldn't bother, Ms Chase doesn't do dating, and she defiantly doesn't date nurses" she told him.
"We'll see" he muttered before following the nurse down the ward.

Connie came back onto the ward a little while later and couldn't stop stealing glances at Jacob.
At the end of the shift when Connie was back in her office he walked in again, without knocking.
"Staff Nurse Masters to what do I owe the pleasure?" she said leaning back in her chair.
"I just thought I'd come and say hello, always good to be on the right side of boss right?" he said.
"Is that all you're here for Jacob?" Connie asked with a raised eyebrow.
"Yes, what else could I possibly be after?" he asked as he rounded the desk and perched on the edge of it.
"Good point, I have paperwork to go Jacob, so if there's nothing else" Connie said.

Jacob nodded then stood up from the desk, "Good night Ms Chase" he said before walking towards the door.
"Good night staff nurse masters" Connie replied.
She looked down to where he'd been sat and found a small piece of paper.
She unfolded it and looked down at the writing, 'third draw down x'
Connie was confused but still she opened the third draw to find a small red box which she carefully took the lid off to find another note, 'just making sure I've got your attention. Good night sweetcheeks x'
She sat back in the chair resting her head laughing quietly, oh he'd definetly got her attention.