Part 34

Connie and Jacob went home together at the end of their shift, leaving Jacob's car at work and not wanting to leave each other's side.
Connie still felt guilty for accusing Jacob of cheating so was determined to make it up to him.
"I know I'm not the best cook in the world but I want to make us a nice meal tonight. Grace too if that's ok" she said as she pulled up at home.
"Course that's ok baby" he replied with a smile.
They got out and went inside to Grace then Jacob showed out the nanny whilst Connie began cooking.

Grace sat doing her homework in her living room whilst Jacob went into the kitchen and wrapped his arms around Connie's waist from behind resting his hands on her baby bump.
She smiled and leant backwards against his chest as he began to place soft kisses down her neck and shoulders.
"I love you" he whispered before he began nibbling on her ear lobe.
"Mmm I love you too" she replied.
"We're ok aren't we? You know I'm not at all mad at you don't you?" he asked.
"Course we're ok, I just want us to all spend some time together as a family. Then after Grace is in bed, a little us time if you know what I mean" Connie told him.
"Oh I always know what you mean baby" Jacob smirked.

Connie laughed and carried on cooking the pasta and sauce whilst Jacob kept hold of her, occasionally kissing her neck of the top of her head.
"Babe I hate to bring it up again, but I should probably go and call Carla" he said.
Connie nodded and smiled weakly, "I know, I'll shout you when dinners ready ok?" she said.
"Yeah" he smiled then went upstairs to call Carla whilst Connie continued cooking.
Grace ran into the kitchen and hugged Connie, "are you ok mummy? You seem a little sad" she said.
"I'm fine sweetheart, honestly. Now are we going to have a movie night tonight before you go to bed?" Connie replied.
"Yeah, can I choose the movie?" Grace asked.
"Course you can sweetheart" she said with a smile.

"Jacob! Dinners ready!" Connie shouted almost fifteen minutes later.
He ran down the stairs and into the kitchen, "I'm starving" he said as he sat down with Connie and Grace.
Connie laughed and picked up her fork, "so.. Err what did she who shan't be named say?" she asked.
"Who can't be named?" Grace asked.
"My sister. But we don't say her name, it's like he who can't be named from Harry Potter" Jacob said.
"Voldemort" Grace giggled.
"Shhh, don't say his name" he laughed.
"Oops" Grace said before she carried on eating.
Connie smiled and placed her free hand on Jacob's thigh as she ate earning a warm smile from him.

"You know Con this is suprisingly good, especially compared to some of your previous meals" he told her.
"What's that supposed to mean?" Connie laughed.
"You've burnt toast, roast potatoes, really over cooked salmon, you've put salt in cakes instead of sugar, used sour cream instead of double cream, need I go on?" Jacob said.
"No, but just to clarify it wasn't always my fault. You moved the cream around after making Grace a hot chocolate, you distracted me when it came to the salmon, no one told me you need to put a timer on the oven or that the higher the number on the toaster the more it cooks the bread!" Connie told him.
Jacob shook his head and laughed, "what else did you think the numbers were for? And how did you expect to know when the potatoes were done?" he asked.
"No idea what I thought the numbers were for, but I just thought I'd remember to check the potatoes then take them out when they looked done" she replied.

Grace sat there giggling away, "no mummy, you set the timer on the oven for how long the recipe says" she told her.
"Ok, ok I'll accept that I'm a pretty bad ish cook" Connie laughed.
"Very bad" Jacob coughed.
"Oi muscles, careful what you say or you'll be cooking every meal for the rest of our lives" she said.
"Noted, comments with drawn" Jacob said.