Chapter 31 "Proposal"

Mulai dari awal

Today, I could say, was a normal day for me since I didn't have work to do in the office or let's just say I canceled all my appointments for today to make up that one week I didn't get to stop by at her house and see her. I sometimes called her but it's different when I see her. While I was on my way to her house, I stopped by a flower shop and bought a bouquet of red roses. 

I reached her home and immediately rang the door bell. I hid the flowers behind my back and waited patiently. When she opened the door, she genuinely smiled and wrapped her arms around me. I gave her the flowers and she sniffed them. She thanked me and gestured for me to come in. She put the flowers on a white vase before giving me a peck on my lips and jogged upstairs towards her bedroom. I waited for her to change for our day out. While I was sitting at the couch, Mr. Kane ran towards me, tongue-out. He barked looking up at me, running circles on the carpet. I picked him up and cuddled him. Having a dog at home aren't that bad, I think! 

"Hey baby?", she shouted.

"Yeah!" I responded. I stood up while she jogged towards the top of the stairs. She was giggling excitedly. My brows creased in confusion.

"I have a surprise for you. Come on." I chuckled before going after her. When I reached to her bedroom, I saw her holding up a black t-shirt with a print 'I'm hers' in a bold, an arrow pointing to the left. There's a cartoon boy with a big head, it's hair was slicked back like mine. The boy was wearing a shirt and a pants, his hand crossing on his chest, his eyes gazing on the right side.

"Okaaaay?" I asked slowly. I knew where this was going. She rolled her eyes and held up a white shirt with a print 'I'm his' in bold, an arrow was pointing to the left. A cartoon girl with a braided hair on the side was under the arrow wearing a shirt and a skirt. It's eyes was also gazing on the left.

"Since today is our day, I thought this could be a perfect time to wear a couple shirt. So, what do you think?", she asked bobbing her eyebrows.

I smiled. "It's romantic. You're romantic." She jumped happily, giggling. She handed me the shirt and changed into it.

After 15 minutes, we're already on the car. I told her to bring her camera so she could capture anything she wants. We reached the park and walked hand in hand towards the bench. She took pictures of the children playing, the other couples sitting on the other benches, and the nature. Whatever she found beautiful, she wouldn't miss a chance to capture their beauty. I watched her while smiling as she got near to the children playing on the slides. I fetched my phone on my pocket and tapped the camera. While she's busy snapping photos to the children, I was also busy snapping photos of her. While I was snapping,  I noticed something moved on the corner of my eyes. A boy approached me, his hands were wiping his tears.

"Hey kid, why are you crying?"

"Have you seen my mom?", he asked innocently. 

I shook my head and knelt down at his level. "I'm afraid not, kid. But here's the deal...I'll buy you an ice cream and after that, we'll find your mom together okay?" He nodded. I held him in my arms and walked to a nearby ice cream stand. When we reached it, I asked him.

"So what flavor do you like?"

"Chocolate", he said slowly. After we bought ice cream, I decided to return to the bench to let Rhel know. When we're halfway, a woman called out at us.

"Eric. Baby!"

"Mom!" The boy wriggled in my arms so I put him down. He ran towards his mom who's visibly worried. She approached me and thanked me for taking care of Eric. 

"No problem ma'am." I patted Eric's head and said, "Be a good boy okay?" He nodded and thanked me also. They both walked away when I heard Rhel's worried voice.