Chapter 49 "He Who Ruined my Night"

Claire

Feeling the beat of the music, I eagerly swayed and grinded playfully as Kelly and I were surrounded by a couple of men. I didn't mind it though, I was having a good time afterall. Moments after, I could feel a hand snaked around my waist and suddenly I was being pulled by someone. My back was now rubbing to his broad chest but I didn't stop as I liked feeling the heat between our bodies. His breath was warm against my skin as he trailed kisses on my nape. It felt so good and comforting. Unable to resist him anymore, I turned around and smashed my lips on his. I could smell and taste the alcohol in his mouth but it didn't matter as he was a good kisser. Not wanting to deepen the kiss, I pulled back and gently slapped his cheek, smirking, before walking away from the dancefloor. I made my way to the counter and sat on one of the stools.

"I'll have beer," I said to the bartender. Looking around, I sighed in relief when I didn't spot that bearded guy. That Evan guy, I didn't really want to deal with his craziness. He kept calling me with some name and it felt so irritating. If he wanted to sleep with me, he could just ask rather than pissing me with that name thing. But I would never sleep with him if that was what he wanted, he looked like he wasn't good in bed and I kinda hate guys with beard.

The bartender handed me my beer and I immediately downed all the contents and ordered another glass as I was so thirsty from all that dancing. Soon after, Kelly joined me and ordered her usual.

"You left me in there," she stated after she had her first sip of her drink.

"I got thirsty."

"So that guy you kissed, he's quiet a catch."

I forcefully gulped a mouthful of beer and looked at her. "Really? Well he's not bad but he's not that good-looking though. Fortunately, he was a good kisser and I bet good in bed too."

She rolled her eyes, "Whatever! Why is it that my handsome is not handsome for you?", she asked while staring at her drink.

"Well I guess the saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is true." 

She shrugged and drank her liquor. "Well, that bearded guy you saved is effing hot."

I choked on my drink and nearly spilled it as I was surprised she brought him up to the topic. I rolled my eyes, remembering the face of the guy with his beard. "Mother-effing cow, you did not just say that for the second time of the night. He wasn't that hot okay? Trust me, he's not that hot plus he's weird."

"Basically, you're saying he's hot but not that much so he's still hot..." God, sometimes it's annoying how she could be such a smartass, "and maybe because you don't like his beard but just imagine him without that facial hair, I can tell you, he's hot and yummy." 

"Sadly, he likes to keep his beard which I don't like, so yeah."

"He's clearly into you Claire but I can tell you don't like him that much so might as well make him like me. You don't mind, do you?" I knew that my bestfriend could easily seduced guys with just her appearance. She was beautiful with that long golden hair of hers and those piercing blue eyes. If I were a guy, I would definitely hit on her. 

Just thinking what she was planning to do, I felt something stirred within me that I couldn't quiet figure out. But I just shrugged the thought off, guessing that it was the alcohol getting into me. "Not at all, be my guest." She smiled widely before bringing her glass for a cheers. I snorted and clinked my glass to hers. 

"What's his name by the way."

I let out a sigh. "Evan. Evan Daniels," I said nonchalantly.

"Huh, he must be something. You actually remembered his name which is unusual for you."