Chapter 20 "Confession"

Luke P.O.V

The ride towards the Royal restaurant was so quiet and awkward. I couldn't bring myself to explain what I did back then at the galleria. It was like the moment I saw her face again, I forgot all the people around me and focused myself solely on her. People passed in blur while I was walking near her. And the kneeling part, I wished I could turn back time and undo it. It didn't mean that kneeling in front of Rhel was an embarrassing and shameful thing to do, it was indeed an honor for me, it's just that I was doubting doing it so made her uncomfortable. Even though she said yes, I felt sad a little knowing that she didn't say yes because she wanted to, she said yes because she was forced to. And I hate it, causing trouble for her. And for the record, what I did back there will be the headlines tomorrow and I don't think she will like it to be on the spotlight.

I halted the car when the traffic light turned red. I tried to open my mouth but shut it, thinking how to minimize the dead air. The light blinked green and I stepped on the pedal. I glanced at her and noticed that she was looking on to the passing buildings. I gazed back on the road when she turned her head to look at me.

"That picture..." I turned to look at her serious face. "It was my mom." I saw a glimpse of sadness in her eyes the moment she uttered those words. "She...she died when I was six."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know." She nodded and gazed back in the window. 

The drive was once again quiet until we reached the restaurant. As soon as we're out of the car, I guided her towards out table. She looked around the place, confusion was written on her face.

"I booked this place just for us, in case you're wondering." She narrowed her eyes. She didn't push the matter as if expecting my answer would be the same, to be alone with her. She looked down at the menu and her eyes wandered on the list. I watched her in awe as always. She's so beautiful, different from other women to be exact. When we're done ordering, the waiter laid the dishes on the table and we dug it. 

"Thank you for coming with me." I said to start our conversation. She nodded and smiled, grabbing her glass of water. I couldn't tell what she's thinking right now which was rare for me because I always read other girls' mind and they only want the same thing, either to sleep with me or because of my money. But her, nothing. 

"You know I might melt when you continue to stare at me like that." she said. I snorted and looked down, smiling. 

"You knew?", I asked. She gave me a little smirk and sipped her glass of juice. She licked her lips after she drank and winked. 

Is she seducing me?

Or more like teasing you!

"You're seducing me right now Rhel. Be careful", I warned. She twisted a strand of her hair with her finger and stared flirtatiously at me. I gulped down the last bit of my control as I watched her eyes burned with desire. She dipped her finger on the ice cream and sucked it. 

God! what is she doing?  She's killing me right now. 

Sweats were starting to form on my forehead and I wiped it with the back of my hand. I looked back at her and saw her face was nearing mine. I steadied myself as her face stopped inches from my face, and then....

"Boo!" 

I bolted a little bit while she laughed so hard. Her voice echoed around the room but she didn't mind it as she was laughing her stomach out. I slumped my back on the backrest and chuckled. 

"Yeah you got me back there.", I said chuckling. 

"Oh...my God! The look...on your face..." she said laughing. I shook my head as I tried to conceive my embarrassment. I couldn't believe how she easily pulled that prank on me. It was so realistic. Damn she's full of surprises. Her laughter slowly died down and she wiped the side of her eye. She exhaled deeply still smiling.

"I'm sorry. It just came up on my mind", she said.

"You're the first one who pulled that on me. And frankly...I was surprised. You looked so serious at first and then WHAM!!", I sliced my hand mid- air at the same time. "It was good Rhel", I praised.

"Thank you!"

The lunch went smooth and fun as she continued to prank me and tell jokes. I was so happy that I get to know this side of her. I didn't know what pushed her to do it. I guess she felt a little comfortable around me which I'm hoping to be true. We left the restaurant and I decided to bring her to my favorite place. After almost two hours of driving, we reached the hill. I got out of the car and walked to her side of the door and opened it. She took my hand and I led her to my favorite spot. We walked for about 2 minutes and finally we reached the top.Her mouth shot wide the moment she saw the view. From here, you could see the tall buildings in the city. Her lips curved into a wide smile while her eyes were wandering to the view below. 

"This is spectacular." I looked into her face and was captivated by its beauty. The sun was reflecting it that added to the spectacular view and the wind was blowing her hair all over her face. She closed her beautiful brown eyes and raised her arms sideward feeling the freedom that I felt when I discovered this place. She inhaled the cool fresh air and sighed deeply. I smiled before I looked away from her and closed my eyes like what she did. The calmness of the surrounding and the pleasant whistle of the wind to my ears made me at ease. I quickly opened my eyes when she held my arms, linked hers into it and rested her head on my shoulder. I gulped at her sudden action. 

"Thank you Luke for bringing me here", she said. 

"I'm glad you like it."

"I'm glad I came with you."

"I'm glad you did." She lifted her head and stared into my eyes. Our faces were inches closer and I could feel her warm breath against mine. Her throat bobbed up and down while staring into my lips and then backed up to my eyes. Something flashed in her eyes and I'm not sure what it was. I slowly inched closer until my lips covered hers. Her soft lips enveloped mine and I cupped her face. Our tongues playfully teased each other as her hands messed my hair. It was a kiss full of warmth and passion that I don't want to end it until she pulled away. 

"I-I...", she trailed off.

"I liked you Rhel." I said sincerely. "I liked you a lot but every time I see you I couldn't help but to fall in love with you. I'm in love with you Rhel."

"I-I don't know.", she whispered.

"I can wait no matter how long it takes. I will wait for you." She pursed her lips in to a tight line. Silence overtook the atmosphere and I could only hear the soft sound of the wind and the humming of the birds. 

She exhaled deeply and said, "There's no need to wait Luke.", she said softly.

"What do you mean?", I asked curiously. 

"I think I'm falling in love with you."

Ayyeeee!! love this chapter. Finally, the two love birds confessed their love for each other. And for this, I decided to choose the God Gave Me You by Bryan White.

Please feel free to comment or critique this story. I would really appreciate it. Like and Comment.

XOXO!!