Chapter 12 "Accidental Kiss" (Edited)

Luke

An hour later after we arrived from the hospital to her house, I insisted to make brunch for the both of us since it would be difficult for her as she couldn't walk properly using her crutch. With that, I decided to make scrambled eggs and fry some slices of bacon since these were the only things I knew how to prepare.

While waiting for the bacon to cook, I washed the dirty plates I saw in the sink instead of just standing idly. I didn't usually do this kind of thing because I didn't feel like it but now I could make an exception for Rhel. I didn't mind doing this as long as it was for her.

As I was currently occupied, I noticed that her dog was looking up at me, wagging its tail at the same time. Settling down the plate, I bent down and slowly brushed the soft fur on its head.

"What is it buddy?" He playfully barked before he suddenly ran out of the kitchen. Sighing, I followed him to the living room where Rhel was waiting and found her sleeping soundly on the couch. Smiling, I took the time to admire her sleeping face. Even when she was asleep, she still looked beautiful and I admit, I was captivated by her. Sure, I met a lot of beautiful women but it seemed like they were nothing compared to Rhel. There was something about her that kept pulling me. It was a new feeling, one that I wasn't familiar with but weirdly enough, I was liking the feeling.

I went back to the kitchen and finished what I was doing. After our brunch was cooked, I prepared the table and served our food before going back to the living room to wake her up.

Like earlier, I took a moment to admire her again. I felt like a creep right now but I didn't care as I couldn't stop myself from admiring her. She was just mesmerizing.

As I was occupied by my own thoughts, I saw her lips suddenly curved up into a smile.

"Like the view Luke?" she spoke making my jaw slacked. How could she know I was watching her? Was she awake the whole time?

"W-What view?" I asked innocently.

Still smiling, she opened her eyes and instantly found my gaze. "You were watching me."

I snorted, "Well, how did you know I was watching you?" I asked returning her smile. I didn't bother to continue playing innocent as it was no use. She caught me.

"Just a feeling."

We stared for a moment before she rose up to a sitting position. I promptly grabbed her crutch resting on the center table and handed it to her. She mumbled thanks and slowly got up. I assisted her since she was having a hard time.

As we stood tall together, I realized how close we were, I could feel her warm breath on my skin. She returned my gaze and for a moment, I wanted to kiss her, to feel her lips against mine, but she just had to break the spell, leaving me disappointed.

"I'm famished, come on let's eat," she said before turning her back and slowly walked away. With a sigh, I caught up with her and guided her to the dining area.

I helped her settle into her seat before pulling the chair across her and sat. She reluctantly picked up the fork and dug into the bacon first. I watched her intently, feeling a bit nervous, for it was my first that someone, aside from my family, tasted my cooking.

"So?" I queried.

Wiping her mouth with a table napkin, she raised her head and looked at me.

"Good. I didn't know you can cook."

I sighed in relief.

"Well, you have to learn how to cook when you're living alone." I said, grabbing my glass of water and took a gulp.