Chapter 64 "Love Confession"

Claire

Of all the days he would visit, today wasn't the best day to talk, considering I had another unexpected guest sitting in the living room, which was by the way one the reasons, and the other was well, I wasn't ready to see him. But now seeing him standing in front of me, felt like nothing had changed, I still had the same fluttering feeling I usually felt everytime I was around him.

I looked at him and sighed, "Now is not a good time Luke. I have some things to do,"

"Just give me a chance Claire, I promise I won't take up so much of your time."

As I contemplated on what I should do, I heard Kelly called up behind me. Hearing her voice, Luke arched his eyebrows. When Kelly peered behind, a faint gasp escaped her lips.

"Luke?" she queried.

"Kelly, woah, what a surprise!" As if they were pretty close, Kelly pushed past me and wrapped her arms around Luke. I couldn't believe she had the courage to hug the man she once had a crush on. She still surprised me. I didn't have that kind of courage as hers. Luke was surprised as I was but he quickly composed himself and casted a hesistant look in my direction. 

Kelly let go and her playful gaze darted from Luke to me. She eyed me expectantly and when I understood what she was trying to say, I rolled my eyes, stepping aside. 

"Come in Luke." Luke smiled and nodded before getting in. As I closed the door, I saw him stopped midway, looking at Michael who stood, smirking.

"Hey Marks," he greeted.

"Lacela. Good to see you buddy."

Luke turned to me curiously, "I didn't know you have a visitor Claire,"

I gave him a bored look, "Well, now you know."

Michael cleared his throat, "I was just about to leave."

"You are?" Kelly butted in, "But you just got here." Oh come on Kelly, seriously? God, this girl just continued to amaze me. She just got here in the house and she was already inviting guest to stay. If I were as hospitable as you my friend. But really, let him be on his way.

"But he just got here Claire,"

I arched my eyebrows, "What?..." And then it hit me, I must have said the last statement out loud. Oh crap! 

Shaking my head, I cleared my throat and flashed a fake smile at Michael, "I mean, if you really have to go Michael, I woulnd't stop you. You must have a lot of things to do." His brow twitched lightly but after a moment he smiled widely.

"Yeah, I do, um, I'll see you around."

I hope not!

I nodded eagerly, "Definitely! And I would see you out but Luke and I have things to discuss. I'll let Kelly see you out." Kelly beamed while I smirked at her.

"It's fine Claire."

Kelly ushered Michael, happily, towards the door and when they were out of sight, I breathed a sigh of relief. Now that Michael wasn't here, I wished that Luke hadn't come also as I didn't want to deal with him. What could he possibly want to talk about? But if he was here to remind me what he said about that night I confessed, well, he better think twice as I didn't want to relive that embarrassing and hurtful moment.

As I sat down on the couch, Kelly came back in with a big grin on her face. She stopped on her pace, her gaze darted from Luke to me and when I gave her a look, she understood and immediately excused herself. And as Kelly was out of earshot, Luke cleared his throat and sat down on the couch across me.