Chapter 63 "Some Unwanted Visitors"

Claire

In my entire existence, I had never felt so bored and... lonely. I spent my morning sighing while I busied myself with something I could think of to minimize the stress of moving on. It has been three days since I called him and ten days since we last saw each other but it felt like forever I hadn't seen him. I couldn't believe I would see myself fall in love then left heartbroken which felt awful. That was why I kept things casual when it came to sleeping with men. No attachments, just pure sex. But why was Luke different than the men I slept with? We hadn't had sex, just kisses but I fell in love with him. Damn! Did he do something to me?  

They were right about what they said, it was hard to move on. When I dropped that bomb on him that night and heard his heartbreaking words, it was like he dropped a bomb on me too. I cried for days, and it was worse since I was yet comfortable sharing to anyone here. Of course dad and Megan was worried and everytime they asked me what was wrong, all I could answer was that I was homesick which was partly true. So what I did to distract myself was I roamed the city. I went to stores, malls and best of all nightclubs. For the past days, I had already been to three clubs and I always sneaked out at night just to have fun. Three nights ago, I bumped into the last person I wanna see at the Wordsworth Club. But given the fact that I was a little drunk and that it was nice to have someone you kinda know, Michael and I hanged out. I thought wrong of him, he wasn't so bad after all as I did have fun being with him and he was generous enough to drive me home.

As I hung my head upside down on the edge of the bed, looking at the white wall, I pictured how the painting Luke had sent me would fill that empty wall if I hang it on. I guessed the wall wouldn't look hollow if the painting would be there but then again, I shouldn't hang it as it would remind me about him. 

I heard my phone pinged indicating a message. I rolled to my side and picked it up, opening the message from Kelly.

'We're almost there. Cant wait to see you :*'

I typed in my reply, 'Great! Me too...xoxo'

Feeling excited, I jumped out of the bed and ran downstairs where I saw dad, reading newspaper in the living room.

"Dad, they'll be arriving soon," I said excitedly as I flopped down on the couch.

"Really? That's great honey! I can't wait to meet them. I'll tell the maids to prepare our lunch, I'm sure they're starving."

I nodded  with a huge smile and watched as dad stood up and went to the kitchen. Leaning on the backrest, I looked at the chandelier and calmed my pounding heart because of the excitement and anticipation of seeing them. I was glad mom and Kelly managed a time off to visit me. 

I jolted up when I heard the doorbell rang and called out dad so we could greet them both.

Smiling at dad beside me, I let out a deep breath before opening the door. And before I could greet them, I heard Kelly squealed then engulfed into a tight hug, causing me to take steps backward. I heard mom and dad chuckled while I tried to squirm in Kelly's hug.

"Kelly I can't breath," 

"Oh I'm sorry," she quickly let me go and stepped back beside mom when she noticed dad. 

Clearing my throat, I composed myself before turning to dad, "Dad, this is my beautiful mom, Annie Williams..." they greeted each other, then dad engulfed mom in a hug. Well I guessed I didn't have to worry about them getting along as it seemed that they were already comfortable with each other. I cleared my throat again as they stared into each other way too long, "...and this is Kelly Fields, my lovely be-..."

"Girlfriend. It's nice to meet you Mr. Forbes," she interfered then stretched her hand out.

I rolled my eyes, "Don't listen to her Dad," Dad chuckled so as mom, "Anyway, this is my dad, William."