Chapter 44 "Final Goodbye"

Rhel P.O.V

I flinched as my feet stepped on the sand beneath. While the heels were dangling in my hand with every sway I made, I thought about Luke's weird behavior before I walked away from him. He seemed tensed and unease like something is about to happen. Well, thinking about this, it made me unease too. I felt like something wasn't right. 

I left the kitchen door open and threw the heels on the corner. 

"Stupid heels," I murmured. "Megan where are you?" I hollered.

As I made my way to the living room, my eyes drew wide when I saw the last person I wanted to see. 

"Allison?"

"Hello Rhel! Missed me?," she said plastering a wicked grin. I noticed her wearing a waitress uniform which made me realized how she got here. She had been disguising her way in. 

"What are you doing here? Where's Megan?" My heartbeat became erratic and my breaths were sharp and short. My palms were getting clammy as my hands curled into fists. How dare she show her face after what she did to me and to Michael.

"Megan? I don't know where she is. She must be outside for all I care. I was the one who asked to call you."

I clenched my jaw. "What do you want?"

She stepped a little closer. "Simple. I just couldn't let you have all the fun. You see Rhel, it's because of YOU why my life's been HELL, why I am wanted by the police," she hissed. 

"No! You did that to yourself!" I shouted. She was taken a back by my outburst but quickly recovered and laughed maniacally. Her reaction sent goosebumps all over my body. She has gone mad. After her laughter died down, she faced me once again. But this time, she stared at me emotionless. 

"Whatever Rhel. I don't care anymore. You took everything from me, and I'm here to take it all back," she said calmly.

My forehead creased. "What do you mean?"

Her lips curled into a smile before her hand reached to her back and pulled something. My breath got hitched when I saw the gun in her hand. I froze on my spot as I looked at the shiny metal thing. 

"W-Why do you have a g-gun?" I asked stuttering. I could feel my hands started to shake and I felt like the atmosphere was getting colder.

"Oh now you look scared. I wonder what it feels like being shot." I gulped when she pointed the gun at me. I steeled myself as I could feel my feet would buckle at any moment. I looked around for something that might help but everything was useless.

"You don't have to do this Allison."

"I have to. This is the only way to get back what's mine. Killing you is the only way so that I can be with Luke," she smirked and adjusted her forefinger to the trigger, "I'm sorry Rhel, but you have to die." 

"No, please," I pleaded, tears formed on the corner of my eyes. I braced myself for the impact, expecting the bullet to pierce on my body but I didn't dare close my eyes, just then, a rustle coming from the front door diverted Allison's attention from me. Her head immediately snapped to the door. It was Alex Kane trying to fit himself on the pet door. This was my chance! She was distracted. I held the dress on both sides, pulled it up before running full force to her. I ducked out of the target sight and slammed my body to her body. She landed on her back, the gun was released from her grasp and it went cascading to the side. I quickly scramble to my feet to grab the gun but then her hand grabbed my foot. I lost my footing before I could reach the gun and landed on my stomach with a grunt. Her fingers dug to my shoulder as she forcibly turned me on my back. 

A Piece Of MeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara