Chapter 21 "Strong Feelings"

Luke P.O.V

"W-What did you just say?", I stuttered in disbelief. Did I hear it right? Did she just say she loves me too? My heart was pumping so fast, a mixture of nervousness and excitement bubbled up in the pit of my stomach eager to listen to her confirmation. I just had to ask again if what I heard was right. She shifted her gaze down, her cheeks turned red.

"Forget it", she murmured. I put my fingers on her chin and lifted her face so that I could look into her beautiful orbs.

"You said you're in love with me", I teased.

"I did not! I-I-I said I love it here. You're so full of yourself as usual." She rolled her eyes away like a child. I smiled, obviously she's embarrassed to say it again. I exhaled and tried to look serious. I closed the small gap between us to trying to eliminate the distance I felt earlier.

"I want to hear you say it again Rhel", I whispered. She didn't say anything, we just stared at each other, no one was willing to break the silence that instantly took over us. The silence wasn't awkward though, it was a comfortable silence rather. I felt that she also like the calm surrounding, listening to the breezing sound of the wind, probably helping her to think. After a minute or two of serious stares with each other, she blinked several times before she held my hand that was lifting her face. I looked down in my hand feeling the instant warmness that traveled from her to mine. She took a deep breath while her thumb was playing circles on the back of my hand. She's nervous probably. Maybe her tongue slipped earlier she told me. It was comforting though, her, touching me willingly for the first time.

"I'm in love with you Luke", she said slowly. My throat hardened as I tried to swallow back the lump that formed. Her voice reverberated to my skull saying those words. There was like fireworks burst inside of me and I wanted to shout to the world how happy I am to heard her say she loves me. I felt like I'm dreaming, floating in the sky as I felt so light because of those magical words. I'm on cloud nine or whatever it is. I couldn't find the right words to say how overjoyed I am to finally heard it from her.

"Talk to me," she snapped, bringing me back to my senses. I looked into her eyes, "You're beautiful, you know that", was all I could manage to say. Her voice kept replaying on my mind saying those sweet words. Overwhelmed by everything, I wrapped my arms around her petite body, hugging her so tight that I don't want to let her go. She is heaven.

"Luke, you're killing me!" I instantly let go of her and cupped her face.

"Are you okay?" I asked worriedly.

"No, I'm not...", she said sarcastically. " You're overreacting", she said, pouting. I smiled at her reaction. She is too damn adorable to handle.

"I'm sorry. I just can't help it. This feels like a dream."

"You're getting weird."

"I know and it's because of you." I instantly pulled her towards me again by her waist and her hands laid flat on my chest. She looked into my eyes, boring into my soul, searching for whatever she could find in them. But as I looked into hers, I noticed that the glint that I saw earlier was now with replaced with sadness. I noticed her shoulders slumped and her eyes flashed a hint of sadness.

"What's wrong?"

"I-I don't know. I just...I can't..." My eyebrows creased as I tried to comprehend what she's saying.

"You can't what Rhel? You can tell me." She pushed herself away from me and turned her back on me. The cold that the wind brought came freezing me again when her body parted from mine. I held her arm and turned her back to face me. I saw tears threatening to pour on the side of her eyes. She shook her head, "I love you Luke but I-I'm not ready yet." It warmed my heart how she easily said she loves me. I held her hands and brought it to my chest, feeling her heat warming me up with just a small contact.

I smiled, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"I understand Rhel..." I inhaled and exhaled deeply. "You don't need to worry. No matter how long that is, I will wait for that day when you are ready to accept my love. And even if it takes forever, I will still love you. No one and nothing can ever change that." I said heartily. Tears started streaming down her cheeks. She hugged me tight, sobbing on to my chest. I caressed her soft and silky hair, inhaling its scent down to my bones.

"Oh Rhel don't be such a cry baby." I joked. She chuckled and slapped my chest.

"Ow, that hurt." I pretentiously rubbed my chest while looking at her. I wiped the tears on her cheeks and said, "I love you!"

"I love you too!"

******************************************

Her hands balled into fist while looking to the two people getting cozy on top of the hill. She felt like her chest was stabbed multiple times as the pain of watching someone she loves getting lovey dovey to a girl she hated the most. She wanted to run towards them and pulled her hair but she knew that wasn't enough, hell, even torturing her wasn't enough. Tears of anger poured down from her eyes. That girl, Rhel, once took the man she loved and now here she is again, stealing what's hers. For the second time, she wouldn't let that girl steal Luke. Luke is hers, nobody could take him away even if it means death.

She brought her shades to her eyes, covering every shade of anger in them. She didn't bother to wipe the tears that messed her make up. She felt betrayed and embarrassed when Luke kicked her out of his office when all she wanted to do was to touch him and feel his heat. And now here he was, letting that girl touch him. But she couldn't get angry at him, she was just disappointed, is all. The anger she felt made her whole body numb. She turned her back and walked towards her car. Before she shoved herself inside, she bothered to look at them one last time.

"Smile all you want Rhel because soon, you will be crying blood." She managed to give them a wicked grin and settled herself inside. After she buckled her seatbelt, she turned the ignition and the car roared to life and then she sped off.

Yeahhh!! Another lovey dovey chapter of Luke and Rhel. God I love how Luke said those words. He is just gorgeous..

And why do you think Allison hated Rhel that much? Any idea?

Please feel free to comment or like this story. I would really appreciate it.

XOXO...