Chapter 23 "Finally"

Rhel P.O.V

Hearing the clanking sound of the plate while I tapped the spoon on it didn't bother me thinking about everything thats been going on. Yesterday, Megan dropped by the house and asked me about my relationship with Luke. Of course as my big sister, I told him the truth how I was in love with Luke and asked for advice of what shall I do in my situation. The only phrase that she left me and up until now I keep hearing it in my head was 'follow your heart'. Even though she was worried that I'm in love with a famous player, she wasn't against it, the fact that I'm already grown up and became mature because of my past experiences. She was right. I know how to handle things now.

I stopped thinking about the matter and continued eating when suddenly my phone vibrated. I looked at the screen and sighed. It was Amber. I brought the phone against my ear and said, "I'll call you next time to explain everything ok?"

"Uh-uh that won't do Rhel, you will explain everything to me today. Meet me here at my base after two hours-"

"Hell n-", before I could completely fired back at her, she cut me off.

"I won't accept refuses Rhel and besides my boyfriend is here, you want to meet him right?"

Oh shoot, I totally forgot about that!

"Fine, I'll be there."

"Attagirl!", she giggled. After we said our goodbyes, I hung up and headed towards the kitchen sink to put the dishes. I didn't feel like washing the dishes, or cleaning the house right now, all I wanted to do was lie down on my bed and sleep. I made my upstairs and into my room, pushed open yhe door and jumped on to bed. I let a small sigh thinking why he hasn't called me yet or texted. He didn't bother checking if I was doing fine or not.

Why would he call you in the first place? You're acting like his girlfriend already.

Oh right about that. I don't want to leave him hanging. It wasn't right for him or for...me. The only thing that's stopping me was the fact that he's a player, he plays women's feelings and I don't want to get hurt again. But, I will be hurting if I won't try and let this chance of new beginning slip out of my hand. I know I want him, I need him, I love him and I'm certain of that. If I get hurt again then I will let myself heal once more. I'm willing to take this chance to be with him, to love him and to experience what's it like to be loved by him.

I muster up all the courage I could get and grabbed the phone on the bedside table. I scrolled down my contacts, looking for his name. Once I found it, without a doubt, I pressed the call button. After three rings, finally he answered.

"Rhel?" My heart fluttered the moment I heard his deep masculine voice.

Oh God what should I do? Do I have to say it now or should I greet first? What? What?

"Rhel are you okay? Is something wrong?"

"No-nothing. I just...", I stuttered. This isn't right. I can't say it through the phone. This is personal.

"Can you m-m-meet me today? At the Royal?"

Oh no I could feel it, my heart is going to burst out of my chest.

"This is a little unexpected, you calling me and asking me out all of a sudden. Did you miss me already my love?", he chuckled on the other end.

Back to his usual self!

"So yes or no?", I asked impatiently.

"Yes, yes definitely!"

"I'll see you at 4", and with that I hung up.

***********************************

I pulled up my hair into a high ponytail. After an hour of rummaging my closet, I decided to wear black casual dress which hanged above my knee. Looking one last time at the mirror, I sighed and braced myself for what's about to happen.

I halted the car and parked it across the street. I grabbed the aviator and brought it against my eyes and walked towards the entrance when suddenly a flashed of camera caught my eyes. I turned to the side and saw a man holding a camera.

Great timing!

Just a minute went by, a crowd of paparazzi circled around me. I pushed my way towards the entrance while covering my face with my hand but unfortunately they blocked my only way of escape. 

"Ms. Forbes is it true that you're dating the famous player in the city?"

"How did you two meet?"

"What's the current status of your relationship?"

Questions after questions were thrown towards me and neither of them I could answer. I was so stupid coming here without even thinking about these people hungry to find something to talk to just because I kept on thinking what I was about to say to Luke.

 My mind was a messed.

 I was a messed. I just stood there in the middle of the crowd hoping that the ground would swallow me whole. This was what I hate the most being the center of attraction.

I jumped when a hand held my arms. I looked up and found Luke looking at me, concern written all over his face. He then hugged me and whispered, "I will get you out of here." His warm breath tickled the nape of my neck while his scent drowning me deep. I fluttered my eyes open realizing that we're in the middle of the crowd. It was amazing how his presence made me forget everything around me. 

He slowly dragged me away from the crowd but I stopped him. I was going to tell him everything, I was going tell him the thing that he'd been waiting to hear but I didn't expect to be in such a situation that we were in. But I realized that soon, people will know the truth about us. It's now or never. I looked up to him and smiled. His brows furrowed and eyes narrowed as he stared at me.

"Rhel what's wrong? We have to get out of here."

"I hope the offer still stands, you waiting for me?", I asked hopefully. I knew it was sudden for me to ask but I had to make sure before I embarrassed myself to the world.

"Yes, if that's what you're talking about. Definitely...but we have to get out of here."

I smiled and whispered, "I'm ready!" Without waiting for his reply, I turned my back on him and walked towards the flashing crowd. 

There's no turning back now! 

"I know all of you have a lot of questions...", I started. "I do too until now... but there's only one certain question that I'm certain I already know the answer to it..." I glanced at my side and saw him standing close. He locked his fingers on mine giving me strength to continue what I started. Even though he was confused of what I was doing, he didn't bother to stop me and instead hold me, giving his support. 

Oh Luke if you could just realized what you're doing to me now!

"So are you two dating?", a paparazzi shouted. Luke looked at me, concerned. I smiled back at him and gripped his hand firmly. I turned my gaze to the crowd in front.

"Yes! We're dating!" I said firmly. I heard Luke muttered the word 'what' beside me, definitely shocked of what I did just say. 

"This is not a joke right?", he whispered.

"I'm afraid not", he chuckled. I was surprised when he suddenly wrapped his arms around me. 

"You made me the happiest man Rhel. Thank you!"