Chapter 29 "Goodbyes"

Rhel P.O.V

I sat up when I noticed Luke wasn't beside me. I rubbed my face with my palms and exhaled deeply trying to wake myself from slumber. I looked at the bed side table and noticed my breakfast was already laid in there with three red roses at the side of the plate. There was a paper folded underneath the rose so I pushed aside the duvet and went to grab the paper. Written neatly inside was:

'Sorry babe had to leave for work. Last night was amazing, you totally surprised me..., I chuckled at the thought. He's right, last night was indeed amazing. 

...Here's your breakfast and three red roses for my love, oh, and by the way, I already fed Mr. Kane so no need to worry.

I love you!

Luke

I sighed at how surprising he could be. I smiled grabbing the three roses and sniffed them. Such a romantic, no wonder women couldn't resist him. I grabbed my phone and send him a text. He's probably busy so a text would do for now. After texting him, I scooted forward to the table and started digging my breakfast. Well, not just a romantic but he could be a good house husband! 

After I ate, I quickly changed into my bathrobe and went to the bathroom to have a shower. As soon as the water splashed at my skin, I felt refreshed and rejuvenated. It's been a while since I felt this happy and stress-free, like today is a good day and I knew for sure, Luke was the reason for this. 

While showering, I heard Mr. Kane's barks downstairs. I frowned, confused as to why that dog's barking loudly like he saw something or rather someone. Few minutes under the shower, I soon got out and wrapped the robe around my body. Slipping my feet on the flip flops, I descended downstairs. I found Mr. Kane in the living room barking towards the door.

"Hey baby what's wrong?'', I asked patting his head at the same time. He didn't bother to stop so I walked to the door and opened it. I looked from left to right to find something but there's nothing out of ordinary, just my car and the usual arrangement of my front yard. I sighed and closed the door. Mr. Kane must be feeling sick right now.

"Baby, there's no one outside. What's wrong?" I pulled him into a hug and brought him upstairs. Once I got into my room, I put him on the bed and quickly changed into a loose white shirt and a pair of leggings. As if on cue, the doorbell echoed from downstairs. 

"Stay here Mr. Kane. I'll be right back." I jogged down the stairs towards the living room. The moment I opened the door, a familiar face greeted me. 

"Hey!'', he said.

"Michael! What are you doing here?" I asked looking around to see if he's with Amber but noticed he's alone.

"If you're looking for Amber, she's not with me..." I nodded. "...I...I just wanted to see you." What for?

"O-Okay, uh, come in" I gestured for him to come in and stepped aside so he can get inside. He sat stiffly on the couch.

"Can I get you anything, water, juice-..." 

"Oh no I'm fine." I nodded. 

"So...why do you want to see me?"

"I...I just wanted to see how you're doing before I go."

I frowned. "Go? Where are you going?"

He smiled. "I can see you're happy with him. Those eyes, you used to look at me like that. I'll fly back to New York. Tonight."

"Oh" was all I could managed to say. I admit, I felt a little ache when he said he'll leave. Since we agreed to be friends after everything that happened between us, I treasured that relationship. And now he's leaving, I felt hurt because I'll be losing a friend.