Chapter 65 "A Date And A Plot"

Claire

Stretching my arms up, I yawned while blinking my eyes, trying to get rid of the heaviness as it was still early considering it was seven in the morning, which was not my usual wake up time. I looked at the person sprawled beside me and smiled when I heard her faint snores. Kelly was laying on her stomach, her head was covered with a pillow. Smirking, I got off the bed and slapped her butt before running to the bathroom. I heard her yelled my name behind but I didn't care as I was laughing hard. 

I turned off the shower and wrapped myself up before going to the sink to brush my teeth. As soon as I was done with it, I slipped out of the bathroom, and unexpectedly felt something sticky smacked my face and everything just went dark. I heard Kelly's booming laugh and that was when it hit me, she smacked me with with a cake.

I fluttered my eyes open, "What the hell Kelly?"

"Serves you right for slapping my butt," she retorted while chuckling. 

"Ugh, that was the last cake on my fridge." I mumbled weakly. I licked the skin near my lips to get the icing. 

"Well it's not like you'll run out of supply. Come on, let me taste," she sidled close and licked my face, causing me to step back in surprise while she laughed.

"You're disgusting." I yelled before running back to the bathroom to wash my face. God, she was just full of surprises.

*

I jogged downstairs after checking mom on her bedroom and headed straight to the kitchen where I saw dad making breakfast. I frowned while watching his back, totally oblivious with my presence. I was curious because it wasn't everyday I would see him make breakfast. 

"Dad? What's the occasion?"

He turned around and beamed at me, "Hey honey! How's sleep?"

I sighed and sat on the stool, propping my elbows on the island top, " Sore. Apparently, Kelly sneaked into my room last night and slept there."

He snorted, "Well I'm glad you found a friend like Kelly." He returned to whatever he was doing.

"Yeah and I'm thankful for that. Anyway, you haven't answered my question."

He briefly turned to me and spoke, "Well I kind of bragged my cooking skill to your mom yesterday and I intend to prove it."

I grinned thinking that maybe something else was going on. "Really? Dad what do you think about mom?" I slowly slipped from my seat and walked to him.

"Well your mom is an amazing woman, considering how she raised you so well."

I looked at him curiously, "Hmm is that all?" He met my gaze and eyed me suspiciously.

"I think I know what you're getting at," he stated slowly.

I immediately averted my gaze and pretended to look for something, "I don't know what you're talking about. I was just asking." He chuckled, shaking his head. Since I had nothing to do as it was early to start my daily routine, I decided to assist him, that way, I could also learn something new from him.  

Halfway through serving the dishes, I suddenly remembered something I had been meaning to tell dad. Now that I remembered it, I suddenly felt anxious as I didn't know how my dad would react. Since it was still the two of us, I slowly approached him while he was setting the dish on the table.

"Dad? There's something I wanna tell you." 

He looked up with a smile. "What is it honey?"

I gulped the lump on my throat and took a deep breath. This is it. No need to be nervous, just say the three words, "I love Luke." I blurted without pause. His mouth hung open and his eyes fluttering as he looked at me.