Chapter 55 "Truth Hurts"

Rhel

I stomped inside the house as soon as Evan, I mean Luke was out of my sight. I was fuming with anger at what he said. How dare he asked me about that question. Of course I am sure I'm a Williams! There was no doubt about that as I grew up with my parents. 

"Honey, what happened back there?" Mom asked, sitting down beside me on the couch. I raked my hair in frustration.

"He was being an idiot!"

"What did he do?"

"Well, he lied to me about who he was and he keep pushing this the same conversation I don't wanna talk about." I crossed my arms and slumped on the backrest.

"Wait, you said he's your friend, how come you don't who he is andwhat's this conversation you're talking about?"

I sighed and grabbed the glass of lemonade from the table. All this anger that building inside of me was making me thirsty all of a sudden. After taking a sip, I put the glass back on the table and faced my mom. "It's a long story Mom. All I know that his real name isn't Evan, it's Luke and he's a famous billionaire who left his city and lived in this town for two years because he lost his wife. That's why he so familiar when I first saw him, he's famous, I must have seen him on tv."

"You mean he's that famous billionaire Lacela?"

"Yeah, wait you know him?" I asked curiously. She averted his gaze and her throat bobbed. Could it be that she knew Luke? She mentioned earlier that Luke seemed familiar. "Mom do you perhaps know Luke?"

"W-What?" She shook her head and smiled that didn't quiet reach her eyes, "Not really honey. You said so yourself he's famous and I think I saw him on tv too."

"Okay?" I said slowly nodding. Although she was probably telling the truth, I felt like she was hiding something.

"Why are you looking at me like that? I'm telling the truth."

"I didn't say you weren't," I countered. She was really hiding something, she looked anxious just by looking at her facial expression. 

She cleared her throat, "Anyway, what were you two talking about that made you upset?"

Okay, she changed the topic which made want to know more what she wasn't telling me but I doubted she would tell me that easily so I wouldn't push it for now. I took a deep breath and composed myself. "He thinks that I might be his wife's long lost twin because I look like her."

"What?" she asked looking surprised. My forehead creased at her sudden reaction. "A-And do you really look like her wife?" she added.

"Yes, I look exactly like her." Her jaw clenched and averted her gaze. She looked down, her fingers were fiddling with each other. "Mom, what's wrong?"

"N-Nothing honey," she smiled. "What a coincidence right?"

It took me time to answer her as I was curious why she was acting weird right now. "Yeah, I never thought I had a twin," I said jokingly but mom probably didn't take the hint as she continued staring me down. Her eyes soon glimmered and she unexpectedly pulled me into a hug. I was surprised at her sudden action but I was able to hug her back. I rested my head to her shoulder, feeling her warm hug.

"I love you," she murmured. 

I smiled and the remaining anger instantly vanished after hearing her said that, "I love you too Mom." Although I was still curious, I didn't think asking her would get me that far. 

"Now enough with this serious talk. Why don't we go shopping?"

I groaned. "I hate shopping."

"Okay why don't you show me around town then? I bet there's a lot of nice places here. What do you think?"