"Do you think Hotch would object to us putting a swing set up for Jack?" I wondered out loud.

"I don't think so." Spencer said. "You should probably check with him first though." I nodded, already dialing his number.

"Hello?" Hotch answered.

"Hey Hotch, it's Maddie. I have a question for you."

"What can I do for you?"

"Would you be open to Spencer and I putting up a swing set in your back yard as a birthday present for Jack?"

"I think he would love that, if you feel up to it." Hotch approved and I felt the excitement blossoming in my chest. I wrapped up the phone call and Spencer and I found a set that was perfect for Jack. It was a dark colored wood, with a climbing wall up the side and stairs up the back with a blue slide coming down the front. A set of monkey bars stuck out from the side with the climbing wall and the swings from the opposite. We split the purchase, which was a remarkably cheap price due to a sale and a discount given by the clerk. The manager agreed to have it dropped at Hotch's in an hour so Spencer and I headed over. The door was open, allowing glimpses of Rossi, Emily, Beth and Hotch putting up decorations.

"Hey!" All four called to us as we walked up the drive.

"This looks great!" I looked around at the red, white and blue streamers with Captain America decals papering the walls. "Is Jack here?" I asked. Hotch shook his head.

"We had Morgan and JJ take him out for a movie so we could decorate and you guys could get the swing set put up without him seeing it." Hotch said, while taping up more streamers. Spencer looked out the window and nudged me.

"Delivery!" A man yelled from the porch step. Spencer went outside and opened up a gate to carry things through while I signed the papers. Everyone helped carry the supplies out back and Hotch told us where to put it.

"Thanks!" I waved to the delivery man as he drove away. Spencer and I got to work as soon as we found the directions. We got a couple boards set up before I heard him make an amusing sound.

"Shoot!" Spencer cradled his hand. "I got a splinter." He pouted. I laughed at his childlike reaction and looked at it.

"Would you like me to help you with that?" I asked. He nodded and I went inside. "Hotch, do you have some gauged needles and tweezers? Oh, and some gloves." He gave me a strange look before pulling a first aid kit out of the cabinet under the sink. "Spencer got a splinter." I heard everyone scoff and laugh.

"Gloves are in the shed." Hotch chuckled.

"The guy's been shot but he can't handle a splinter?" Rossi joked and I laughed with him. I walked back outside and sat with Spencer and the patio table.

"Give me your hand." I said.

"Be careful." He winced. I gave him a look.

"Spence I work in a trauma unit, careful's kind of in the job description." I took a needle and dug underneath the small wood, pressing it above the skin, and plucking it out with the tweezers. "Tadaaa!" I sang, cleaning the small cut with peroxide and covering it with a bandage. I retrieved gloves from the shed and gave him a pair before slipping on my own.

"Thanks for that Ms. Surgeon." Spencer said. I laughed it off, and we got back to work. We finished the swing set at about 4:15 and climbed all over it to "ensure safety" as Spencer said.

"Okay, it's all finished." I strolled into the house with Spencer shadowing me. "I'm going to go shower and we will be back in a bit." Hotch nodded and we left.