We were not a bit surprised when Kyungsoo's grandmother stepped out with three pairs of clothes on both arms. She's glaring at us, watching us from head to toe, but there's more than just the hateful eyes she tries to throw on us. His Grandmother became worried when she saw Baekhyun's wound and the black kind of blood sipping out of his cut. In an instant, she already knew what the problem is.

The house is how I remembered it, small but cozy. When I sent Kyungsoo here, I could already smell different kinds of potions and plants that are filling most of the house's space. She let us dress on the living room and Baekhyun sat on the couch with Chanyeol never leaving his side.

"You shouldn't let yourself be alone with a pervert." The old woman muttered, her voice edgy and raspy but not rude. She spared Baekhyun another glance as she prepared something on her wooden kitchen table. Something of color purple bubbled on the cauldron situated at the middle of the cottage. Books are everywhere and the walls are covered with a thin layer of dust. The carpet under my feet feels soft but dirty under my bare soles. But all in all, the old cottage feels so close to home. It's a comfortable place.

Baekhyun looks at the ground, biting his lower lip, "I didn't know he's been following me." he whispered. "I wasn't able to catch his scent."

"Might be keeping a safe distance, then." the woman answered, shaking her head. "Did you see the smoke? It's almost fading now." she gestured to the windows and I know we're both thinking about the same fire, the same destruction. I didn't follow her gaze as I sat on the floor, crossing my tired legs under me.

I watched her do her job. "They burned our house down."

"They did?" she raised a brow and she seems a bit surprised. "Why? That was an antique. I remembered my son describing it for me. What a waste." she very slowly shook her head.

"They hate the new Alpha." I whispered, telling her the truth. "They also hate the rules."

Kyungsoo's grandmother squeezed some herbs into the bright blue liquid she made. "Werewolves could be impulsive and stupid. No wonder they could do something that crazy." then she threw me a long glance. "Are you the Alpha?"