Chapter 24: Marchi!

Marchness's POV:
        "Could we talk?" I asked. "Yeah." Cari replied. I smiled and she smiled back. I grabbed her hand and we walked off deeper in the woods. "I say we should stop here." I stated. If we go any deeper then we'll go in the bad part of the woods. "Why? What are you so afraid of?" Cari asked with a sneaky smile. "I'm not afraid. I just, uh, want to protect you." I replied and Cari crossed her arms. "So you don't think I can protect myself?" Cari asked with a sneaky smile. "That's not what I meant. I mean...." I started but Cari started laughing which made me stop and give her a confused look. "I'm just messing with you." Cari stated as she caught her breathe. "Are you Kitty posing as Cari?" I asked with a smirk. "Shut up." Cari stated as she punched my arm with a laugh.
      Cari sat on a log and put her hands in her lap. I sat next to her. "So, what do you want to talk about?" I asked. Remember what Cupid said. You can tell a guy likes a girl by his eyes and you can tell a girl likes a guy by her smile. I need to talk to her about anything and pay attention to her mouth and smile. "Just, stuff." I replied and she nodded. "Okay." Cari agreed.

Cari's POV:
   We hung out for about an hour. We talked and laughed and joked around and had fun. I love being around him. He can really make me smile and laugh when when I feel down. A girl needs a guy like that. I like stuff that some people consider, guy stuff. Marchness likes that part of me and will help me embrace it. He wants me to be me. I'm 'mad' so people who aren't a Wonderlandian thinks I'm completely insane. But Marchness likes that part of me too. He likes me for, me. People from Wonderland are called 'Mad,' but being mad and being weird are two different things. Some people, even Wonderlandians call me weird because I have my hookah and then there's my knowledge. I know everything and I have bad feelings that I can't explain and sometimes, when I feel like it, I blow letters out of my hookah and talk all slowly like my dad did in the Alice in Wonderland story. But, Marchness likes how I do that. He once said it was cute. He likes me for me. My madness and my weirdness. I love that he accepts me so much. He means so much to me and I'm really falling for him.
   "Cari. We're really good friends and I care about you so much." Marchness stated and I smiled. "I care about you too." I stated and Marchness smiled. "I need to tell you something." Marchness stated and I nodded. "You can tell me anything." I stated and Marchness nodded. "Okay. I'm falling for you, a lot." Marchness stated. My eyes widened and my heart started racing. Did he just say what I think he just said? He, he likes me? Am I dreaming? Oh my gosh! I can't believe this! It's unbelievable! Unrealistic! What do I say? Just, tell him how I feel too. "I know this is sudden, but I've liked you for a while. I don't know how you feel, but you staying there so quiet and shocked is not a good sign." Marchness explained and I snapped out of my thoughts. "No, I mean. I'm falling for you too. I have been for a while too. I'm just shocked you like me too, didn't know what to say. But, I guess all I can say is, I like you too. Maybe, we can be a, a couple. A real couple." I explained and Marchness's eyes widened. "Really?" Marchness asked. "Yeah." I replied. "I would love that!" Marchness exclaimed. He grabbed my hands and we smiled at each other. We stood up and walked away as we held hands.