Chapter 16: The White Knight!

Darling's POV:
       I finished my duty so I went home and changed. I sat on the couch and five minutes of trying to go to sleep and failing, I decided to give Chase a call and maybe we can hang out today or something.
       After a couple of rings he answered. "Hello, my knight and shining armor." Chase greeted and I laughed. "Very funny. Chase the Chess piece." I stated and he laughed. "Funny." Chase laughed and I laughed too. "We should hang out." I stated. "Great, lets do it." Chase stated and I couldn't help but smile. "Where?" I asked. "We could meet up at my house." Chase suggested. "Great! I'll be there soon." I stated and I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face. I have a had a huge crush on Chase for as long as I can remember.
     I rode my horse to his house. I got off the horse and tied her up. "Darling!" Maddie exclaimed and gave me a big hug. I smiled. Then the rest of them hugged me. They all pulled away and Chase walked over to me and gave me a big hug. I didn't want to let go but I also didn't want anyone to know my feelings so we pulled apart and smiled. Then I saw two familar guys talking. They looked at me and their eyes went wide and their jaw dropped. "Darling?" Daring and Dexter gasped in surprise. "Hey." I greeted shyly. "What are you doing here?" Dexter asked. "I'm, sort of, living here." I replied. "What?" Daring asked. "I'm the white night here." I replied and they were obviously shocked. "What's going on?" Kitty asked. "Daring is my older brother and Dexter is my twin brother." I replied. "What?" Everyone asked. Then a girl with white hair came over. "I am Apple White, daughter of Snow White, and future wife of Daring Charming." Apple introduced. She already annoys me. "Hi. I'm Darling Charming." I greeted and Apple smiled.
       We all started walking. I saw Dexter starring at a girl with purple and black hair. I walked over to him. "Girlfriend or crush?" I asked. "What?" Dexter asked. "I see the way you're starring at her. Who is she?" I asked. "We're friends. She's Raven Queen, daughter of the evil queen. But she's not evil, she doesn't want to be like her. She's different and amazing. We're pretty close, but she only sees me as a friend." Dexter stated. "How do you know? Did you ask her?" I asked and he sighed. "I'll take that as a no." I stated. He kept looking at her. "Go talk to her." I stated and she looked at me. "What?" Dexter asked. "You heard me. Go on." I urged. He looked away. "I-I don't know." Dexter stated with a sigh. "Come on." I stated and he sighed again. O-okay." Dexter agreed and smiled. Then he walked away to Raven.
    Daring came up to me. "Do you know these Wonderland kids a lot?" Daring asked and that made me confused. "Uh, yeah." I replied. He looked away and itlooked like he was looking at.... Lizzie? He looked back at me. "What about.... Lizzie?" Daring asked as he muttered her name. I smiled. "You like Lizzie?" I asked. "What? No, no of course not." Daring replied and my smile faded. Dexter not asking Raven out is normal, but Daring? "This is so unlike you." I told him. "What?" Daring asked. "First of all, you're the kind of guy that won't get into a serious relationship. You don't really and truly like girls. Second of all, if you want a girl you'll go after her and won't look back. But now, it looks like you're truly in love." I explained. "In love?" Daring asked. "You're right. It's too early to be in love, but you do really like her." I stated and he sighed. "Fine. I do really like her. I never felt this way." Daring stated and I smiled. "Go talk to her!" I exclaimed. "No. She doesn't like me." Daring stated and I frowned. "How do you know?" I asked. "It's obvious. She keeps shooting me down." Daring stated and I laughed. "What?" Daring asked. "She doesn't show her feelings. I'm close to her, all of them. Out of all of them, everyone I have ever met in my life, no one has ever hid their feelings as much or as good as she does. She'll kill me for saying this, but, she's afraid to show her feelings. She's afraid of getting hurt because, well, she's been threw a lot. Chase told me about your encounter with Courtly. So you know what Courtly has done to her. She's been bullied. She spent so long with not a single friend because everyone was afraid of her. Her destiny was to be evil, that's all anyone ever cared about. She would never cry in front of anyone, especially her mom. She would keep her head up high and her feelings inside. But that is very dangerous so she was always hurting. Then her friends, who weren't her friends then, saw Lizzie talk to her pet hedgehog, Shuffle. She explained how upset she was and how hurt she was. She let down her walls for a minute and they squeezed their way right in. They have been the closest ever since. Lizzie has been through a lot more then you realize. She just won't show it, at all." I explained. "Oh, wow." Daring replied. "I know. But I know her. The next time you talk to her I will watch and see if she likes you." I stated and Daring smiled. "Thanks, lil sis." Daring stated and he walked off with his friends.
     Then Chase walked over. "Hi, Chase." I greeted. "Hey, Darling." Chase greeted. "What's up?" I asked. "Nothing. You?" Chase asked. "Dealing with my brothers and helping them with their crushes." I replied and he nodded. "What about you?" Chase asked. "Huh?" I asked. "Who do you like?" Chase asked. I started getting sweaty and my heart was pounding. "Um.... I-I don't like anyone." I lied and he nodded. He looked disappointed. Weird. "And you?" I asked. "Oh, uh.... No one." Chase replied and I nodded. Disappointment washed over me.