"Maybe we should try it out in our spa next," I played along with him, receiving a eyebrow raise in response.

"Now you're talking my language," he smiled, softly kissing my neck just where he knew made me weak. I could have carried this on for another hour, but things had to be done today, and I couldn't let anything distract me.

"Okay, down boy, we have to go," I pushed him away, walking around him to get the last of my things before leaving.

"Are you sure we should be leaving our baby with your sister?"

"She insisted that she's more than capable, and I've written her a list of what she needs to do...plus I've already called my mum to come by and keep an eye on her," I assured him.

"Okay, that gives me peace of mind," he nodded, turning his attention to himself in the mirror, as he styled his hair up into a bun.

He looked so sexy with his hair up like that, it was my favourite style of his. Although, his hair was ridiculously long, and I was curious to see what he would look like with his shorter hair back, now that his face had matured.
"Have you considered cutting your hair?" I asked him, staring as he placed his boots on.

"Do you not like it long? I thought you liked to pull on it," he winked.

"I'm being serious, have you considered it? Or are we in competition on who can grow their hair the longest before a hair cut?"

"I have, and I am going to cut it soon. It has to reach a certain length before I can donate it to charity. I want to give it to a charity that makes wigs for children that have suffered hair loss, due to cancer," he explained, making my heart swell with pride and admiration.

"You are the most selfless, compassionate, admirable human being I've met. Babe, that is incredible, I'm so proud of you for wanting to do this. The little girl who gets it is going to be so grateful, you're going to give her a glimmer of happiness, after being on the toughest journey of her life," I teared up at the thought of the smile on that little girls face.

"Why are you crying?" He chuckled at my emotional state, catching my tears as they fell. Crying already and the day had barely begun, good start.

"You just have the most beautiful heart, it's overwhelming. I'm so lucky to be your girlfriend," I wrapped my arms around him tightly.

"You're so much more than that label, to me," he kissed into my hair, rubbing circles into my back.

"Okay, we should go, I've had my cry for the day, I'm not going to cry anymore," I shook my emotions away, recomposing myself.

"You do know it's okay if you cry, you don't have to be so strong. No one's going to judge you for it, especially not me. Let yourself feel whatever you need to, don't put your walls up again."

"You're right," I nodded, knowing if I didn't allow myself to feel the emotions I did, I would be setting myself backwards. I promised myself I would live in every moment, and not block out things I didn't want to deal with.

"I'm always in your corner, you know that...are you ready to go?"

"Yeah," I nodded, walking to say goodbye to Mia, before I faced the goodbye I had been putting off for years.

...

Goodbye was a strange word- two syllables, seven letters, that held so much power and emotion behind it. A word used to depart from something, or someone, either for a short period of time, or forever. There was nothing good about it. I wondered who thought that would be an appropriate word to use, considering the circumstances when using it.