9. Lips, cold showers and rock stars

Start from the beginning

He pulled her flush against his body, and trailed kisses down her jaws and then suckled on her neck as his hands caressed her cheeks and shit!

It was totally a wrong move, because she jerked away away from him and she looked at him like a deer caught in the headlights. She was breathing hard and her whole body was a tinge of pink. She looked bedraggled and sexy, flushed and ravaged. She looked scrumptious. He wanted another bite of that.

"That- th-at is not what I intended." Her voice was a breathy whisper. She stared at his lips with eyes wide with puzzle as if it was an alien. As if she hadn't just memorized every print on his lips, every slope and every curve.

Oh, but he knew her lips in amazing details. Every curve and line. The way the Cupid bow dipped down in the top lip, the way it tasted slightly of Alex and slightly of strawberries. The way they move, slow and fast, all at once.

He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. Words... Yeah, he had to answer her, but his brain was too muddled to form a response.

When it formed one, though, it was not the right one. But it was what he needed to hear. What they both needed to hear.

"It is just a kiss, Alex, don't sweat it. You were happy. I was available. We celebrated. No need overthink it, okay?"

"Yes. Yes." She sounded so eager, as if she was grateful for finding a way out. It stung. It made him angry that his response was accepted with such an eager sweetness.

Was he that impossible to like as she had said?

"Don't sound too eager." He grunted as he tried to bring his breathing back to normal. His heart was still rattling.

"I..." She looked down and her eyes widened. He saw where she was looking at and his cheeks flushed as he took a step back.

"What? You never saw someone so aroused?" He bit the words out as he turned away from her. "It happens."

She didn't say anything. Instead she turned into a shade of mind boggling red. Redder than before. And cleared her throat.

Then she said something he would have never dreamed in all his wildest dream.

"Looks like your thing is overthinking it."

She looked guileless, but he saw that glint in her eyes. Innocent my ass.

He would bet his right lungs that she was making fun of him.

He choked on his own spit and almost ran away. And he thought he could hear her taunting chuckle following him and it put a smile on his face.

She always did things he least expected.

The woman was going to be the death of him.

***

(Alexandra)

She kissed him. She kissed Logan Forte. God. God. And it was every one of her dreams and nightmares. Mixed together.

And she didn't regret it, but she had to stop let it matter too much. So when he gave an easy way out, she was too eager to welcome it, but then he looked angry.