I'm Falling in love ... and it's ARRANGED!? *26*

Chapter 26

(Emelyne’s P.O.V)

You know that feeling one gets… when you know something that no one else in the room knows but just you and if your lucky, one other person.

Well, that one other person was Casey. And he was staring at me blatantly, and quite unashamed, from across the room. I felt myself go pink all over as his eyes scanned me slowly, first from my feet up, and then the entire way down.

Feeling another fit of giggles rising in my throat, I forced myself to turn away from the idiot and focused on the task I’d been assigned from my soon-to-be mother-in-law.

“Uh… Melanie? These are roses.”

I looked at Melanie questioningly, waiting for her to respond to my confusion. I held a dozen or so roses in my hands, red to be exact, and that wasn’t all. There were at least a hundred dozen more scattered in the boxes that had just been brought in.

“Emelyne dear, you’re to be a Luongo now. You must only have the best. And roses my dear… are the best.” She smiled and gave me a wink to further encourage her point.

I wanted to laugh. Really, everything just made me want to laugh lately.  Where was I, and how in the world had I gotten here? I reminded myself that it was all going to be okay in the end. I would be happy with Casey. I’d be married. Albeit, a little young maybe… but married nonetheless. There was some sense of security to that wasn’t there?

I felt an arm go around my waist and pull me back, and I snuggled in, basking in this one moment of comfort that I knew would soon be taken from me. It would take no more than a look from Melanie and we’d be back to the preparation of the “great Luongo wedding.”

“you tired?” I felt the whisper close to my ear.

Grinning like an idiot, I turned in his arms and rested mine on his shoulders, letting the roses I held dangle close to his back.

“Mmmm hmmm.” I murmured somewhat sluggishly.

I couldn’t help it. He was a drug. Especially after the days… and night…we’d spent with one another. Once again, I felt the blush rising. Casey wasn’t stupid either, he knew what he was doing to me, and he obviously enjoyed it.

I watched his crooked smile appear as he tucked a loose strand of hair back into the bun I’d hurriedly made up this morning. My hair was getting quite long and would need a trim before the wedding.

So much to do…

“What’s wrong with the roses?” he asked nonchalantly.

“Nothing. It’s just not what I expected, that’s all. They seem a little… overdramatic.” I replied.

I let go of him and took a step back, placing the roses back on the table and taking a deep breath.

Casey stood there quietly, continuing to do that annoying analysis thing of his while I fidgeted like a 5 year old little girl.

After a moment of awkward silence, his smile reappeared and he tilted his head slightly to one side, regarding me with new interest.

“What? Do I have something on my face?” I asked with surprise, quickly patting my face in several directions.

He laughed and shook his head, “No. it’s just that… wow. You’re going to be my wife.” And then he burst out laughing.

I stood there indignantly, wondering what was do damn funny about that. A part of me even felt a little offended, but I kept that part from showing itself. Casey would have a blast if he knew his remark had gotten to me.