Joe imagine- April fools!

Today you decided it was time for some spring cleaning since it was now Spring. You were so caught up in cleaning that you completely forgot it was April fools day.

You were polishing the shelves when you heard a loud bang and scream come from the next room. "Joe?" He screamed in response.

You ran into the next room to find Joe on the floor, lying on his back. "(Y/N)." he spoke weakly. You knelt next to him and cradled his head in your lap. "I don't think I can go on." Tears started to escape your eyes. "Joe don't be so dramatic, you only fell off the second step of the ladder." "I hit my back really hard. Baby, I love you." "No don't say that. We're meant to get married and have kids. Don't give up! Come on Joe!" Even though the reason of his death wasn't believable, you still balled your eyes out as his head titled to the side. "Joey! Don't go!" You stayed like that for a couple of minutes.

You got up to call the ambulance or police or just anyone that could help. You picked up the phone and you were just about to type in the number when you felt two hands quickly grab you. "APRIL FOOLS!!" Joe screamed. You screamed in shock and panic (!at the disco) and then felt anger boil up inside you. You punched Joe in the arm really hard. "April fools? April fools! How could you Joe! I thought you were dead! That broke my heart! Do you know how sick that is?!" You screamed. "I'm sorry. It was meant to be a joke." "Well it wasn't very funny!" You stormed off into your bedroom and slammed the door.

A few hours later Joe poked his head through the door. "Baby? Are you still mad?" "Yes Joe! I'm still mad!" Joe walked into your shared bedroom and sat on the bed. "I'm really sorry." "Sorry doesn't cut it Joe! That really scared me!" "I know. But I think I know how to make it up to you." "How?" You scoffed. "Well, was it true? What you said about getting married and having kids and all that crap?" A blush formed on your face. "I thought you were dying so-" "I know but did you mean it?" "Yes." "Okay then."

He got down one knee and pulled out a small black box that held a gorgeous ring with your birthstone In it. "(Y/N), I have loved you for 3 years now and I want to be with you for many more. Will you marry me?" You stared in shock. "Is this another joke?" Joe laughed "no baby, it's not. I'm serious." "YES!" Joe smiled and slid the ring into your finger and hugged you.

"So am I forgiven?" "Definitely!" He smiled and kissed you.