Nicks family & party

Start from the beginning

"No Bec I seriously can't decide what to wear"I moan as I toss three dresses onto my bed .
"Just wear whatever you think will impress them ".
I stare at the endless piles of clothes on my floor .
"Jeans and T shirt is too casual , but dress might be too fancy , oh god what am I going to do?"I whine .
"I know ,"Rebecca interrupts my ongoing sobbing "Do you still have that white dress your wore to Louise's sweet 16th?"
"Um yes but it might be a bit short "I remind her , since I have grown in two years .
"Who cares, wear that it looks great on you "Rebecca sighs , I can practically picture her tutting at me.
I hang up and grab the dress from the back of my closet.
"Bit old but it still looks great"I tell myself as I slip it on,it fits like a glove .

The dress is white lace that is tight around my waist and reaches my   knees , just about .I straighten my hair,wear a pale pink lipstick and white shiny pumps .
"Great outfit choice".
I turn my head to see Nick standing in my doorway.
"Will your parents like me ?"I ask.
"Of course don't worry".
"Then I'm ready to go"I throw my tube of lipstick in my makeup bag and walk out of the door, Nick beside me.

I stare nervously out the truck window as Nick plays his favourite R&B songs.
"What's wrong , shall I change the track?"Nick questions.
"No I'm just nervous about meeting your parents "I admit.
"You'll be fine It's them I'm worried about".

We spend an hour on the road when we finally pull up onto a drive.The house is
Three stories high ,painted white,There's a black Volvo parked by the garage,a willow tree in the front yard,there's footballs scattered across the lawn,toys by the doorstep and a blue bike up against the wall.
"Home sweet home"Nick says as he unbuckled his seatbelt.
"Your house is huge"I say gazing up.
"You should see the house down the street it's three times the size of ours "Nick tells me raising his eyebrows.
I imagine the house in my head and my jaw drops .
"Ready?"Nick asks.
"Ready as I'll ever be"I reply opening the truck door.

We walk up the driveway together , Nick pointing out his room above.
"Okay here we go"Nick gently presses the door bell.
I hear voices behind the door when suddenly it swings open.

Standing in the door way is a woman with long curly brown hair,blue eyes,pale skin,she's quite short and she's wearing a yellow dress with white spots.The man is really tall,he's quite muscular,brown hair,green eyes and he's wearing a blue shirt with black jeans.
"Nick ,"the woman says excitedly "and this must be Emma?"
"Yeah"Nick says staring at the ground.
"Oh Nick stop acting so awkward "His dad says welcoming us in.
"Yes, don't worry we're not going to do the classic embarrassing parents by showing off your baby pictures "she laughs.
"Mom!"Nick says gritting his teeth.
"Anyway we haven't even introduced ourselves , I'm Terry"he shakes my hand.
"And I'm Lily".
"Nice to meet both of you"I say quietly nodding my head.
"Well Nick why don't you show Emma around while we prepare dinner"his mom says rubbing Nicks arm.
"Okay".

I follow Nick as he runs up the stairs .

"Your parents are really nice "I say trying to be polite.
"Thanks but you can call them embarrassing,I do"he says rolling his eyes.
Suddenly three boys race at of one of the rooms,each carrying nerf guns and helmets.
"Emma meet my bros ,Kyle,Ryan and Noah"he rubs their heads messing up their hair.
Each of them are clones of one another and although I didn't know Nick when he was their age I can imagine that he looked exactly like each of them.Every boy has dirty blonde hair and freckles speckled across their faces.Each triplet has blue eyes and a toothless smile.
"Hi"says Kyle waving .
"Hello"I reply grinning at them.
"Is this your girlfriend ?"Ryan asks staring up at me.
"Um yes"Nick says smiling.
"But what about Ashley?"Noah questions .
"Oh um we don't speak anymore,come on Em let's go upstairs".
"Hold on we want to get to know Emma"Ryan chimes in grabbing my wrist and pulling me towards the trio.
I giggle as Nick crosses his arms across his chest in annoyance.
"What is the worst thing about Nick?"Kyle questions.
"He smells really bad"I pretend to hold my nose playfully and all three boys burst out laughing at my comment.
"Yeah well Emma's farts stink guys"Nick responds causing their fits of laughter to only increase.
"Oh really, well have you been in the bathroom after you?"I ask sarcastically.
"Agreed!"Noah exclaims.
"Okay Emma lets go"Nick interrupts linking my hand with his as he leads me up another staircase.
"Bye guys!"
"Bye Emma!".

I walk beside Nick up the stairs as Noah,Kyle and Ryan rush into another bedroom .

"Um Nick who's Ashley?"I ask curiously.
"Just a girl I used to date a while ago"Nick shrugs his shoulder .
"Oh okay".

Nicks room is red with posters of famous sports logos on them,A TV mounted on the wall with a play station,a white closet with a football jersey with the words 'Cole 65'on the back hanging up,a kingsized bed,a pool table,a futsal table ,a bathroom and a window overlooking the driveway.
"My crib"Nick falls back onto the bed.
I giggle and sit next to him.

The door creaks open and a girl stands in the doorway.
"Hi Nick"she says walking in.
"Oh hi sis what are you doing here"he Asks sitting up.
"Did mom and dad not tell you,I came home for the weekend from LA to visit"she answers.
"Okay,this is my girlfriend Emma"Nick replys stroking my arm.
"Hi Emma I'm Amber"she says smiling softly .

She looks similar to Nick in quite a few ways ,her hair is blond like his and long and curly like their moms ,her eyes are blue like her moms and she's quite short .Shes really thin and is very pale.

"Hi Amber"I say waving .
"Your pretty why would you date him?"she says sarcastically while laughing .
"Hey!"Nick shouts.
"It is true"Amber says rolling her eyes.
I laugh.
"If you ever need a friend to talk to or meet up just text me "Amber hands me a piece of paper with her phone number on.
"Thanks I will "I take the piece of paper and put it in my purse.
"Can you remember why you even came here?"Nick asks holding his hands up at Amber.
"Yes mom and dad told me to tell you that it's time for dinner "Amber leaves .

"Come on let's go"Nick holds my hand and leads me to the dining room.

At the dinning table Nick is on my right and Amber is on my left.Noah,Ryan and Kyle are opposite us and his parents are on each end .
"Emma it's really nice to finally meet you"His mom says as she cuts her food.
"Yes I'm glad to meet all of you ,Nick has told me all about you"I say smiling .
"Probably saying we are so embarrassing "his dad says rolling his eyes.
"Yep"Nick admits.
Everyone laughs so I join in.
"Nick has told us so much about you"His dad says looking at Nick.
I smile and try to start conversation but fail.
"Anyway ,who do you live with at home Emma?"Nicks mom asks as she wipes her mouth with her napkin.
"Well it's just me and my mom ever since my dad left years ago and we have been managing fine ".
I feel like I'm speaking at a support group ,like in The Fault In Our Stars or something,and I'm updating everyone on how I'm feeling "we have been managing fine".
"Oh I'm sorry"She says feeling guilty by bringing up my dad.
"No honestly it's fine really"I say reassuring her.
"Okay".

The rest of the meal goes by without any other awkward conversation moments that I caused,which I'm really relieved about.

"Well it has been delightful having you"Nicks mom says as I put on my jacket.
Well nothing like the return of the lasagne incident has happened yet so I think I'll be fine.

"I have had a wonderful time thank you for inviting me"I say as Nick opens the door.
"Don't worry about it ,anytime "Nicks dad says leaning against the doorway.
"Well I'll be by soon to visit guys "Nick tells his parents.
"Oh Emma we are having a 4th of July barbecue and we are going to watch the fireworks from across the street in the back yard , would you and your mom like to come?"Nicks mom asks.

Normally mom and me spend every 4th of July curled up on the couch together eating popcorn and watching fireworks on TV,so I suppose this will be a change.Im sure mom won't mind me answering for her.

"Yes that would be great thanks"I reply as Nick slides his hand into mine.
"Well great I guess we'll see you then,but hopefully before "Nicks mom says tucking her hair behind her ears
"Come on we should get going we have to drive back"Nick says as we walk down the driveway .
"Bye!"his parents yell as we jump into the car.
Nick and I wave as we pull off the drive.

We drive off , the figures of Nicks parents slowly getting smaller and then disappearing from view.
"Well?"Nick asks.
"I think that your parents are great and I coped really well"I admit feeling really proud of myself.
"It went a lot better than I thought it would"Nicks says as we slow down at traffic lights.
"See"I say looking over at him.
Nick leans over and kisses me.

"Now you can look forward to your birthday party then coming back here for the 4th of July"Nick says as we drive past the theme park.

Yes a birthday party for me organised by my amazing boyfriend , what could go wrong?.......