Chapter 38

Alex's p.o.v

Poor Harry and Marcel. Here I was trying to rip Harry's friends away from him, when they were the only thing he had. But that still didn't explain why he hated Marcel, so I guess I had to dig deeper and talk to Harry. I sat in class thinking about how to approach him, either I do it subtly or I tackle him with the question right away.

"Babe you ok?" Marcel asked placing a hand on my leg. I snapped out of my day dream with a small jolt, making him look at me with full concern. Thank god we were sitting in the back of the class or I would have gotten snickered at by everyone.

"I'm fine, Im just not used to acknowledging anyone during class, you know...Harry" I shrugged. He smiled and pecked a small kiss on my cheek before turning back to our teacher. Who was blathering on about World War One, even though it was math class.

-------------

I wandered into the lunch room and scanned out for Harry, I found him sitting at the farthest table with everyone, except for the girls and Niall of course. I sighed and approached them.

"Harry, can we talk?" I asked, he turned to face me with a frown.

"We have nothing to say to each other" he sighed, looking down at his food.

"Yes we do. Now lets talk" I said, he looked at me and glared.

"Go on mate, talk to her" Louis cut in. Harry stared at him in shock, while I mouthed a thank you. He stood up and walked away, while I trailed behind him slightly. We stopped outside under a tree, in the outskirts of the school, where we could be un noticed.

"What Alex?" He snapped.

"Well hello sunshine" I said sarcastically.

"Oh don't play innocent with me, you were dating Marcel while you were with me"

"Ok, so the fault is at me?! Who was the one who faked being his brother for a girl?" I snapped, angry again. He blinked blankly.

"I didn't do it for the girl, I did it for the sake of taking away anything from Marcel" he scoffed. That bastard.

"Wrong answer Styles" I growled. In an instant I grabbed him by the back of the neck and pinned him to the ground, while a whimper escaped his lips. 

"Now give me answers"

"wait, if you can pin me down instantly why didn't you to Louis?" He asked, pain clear in his voice.

"Because I knew what I was dealing with, I knew that insulting you would get a reaction out of him, resulting in him spilling more than he should have" I explained. 

"You're too smart, it's annoying" He scoffed. 

"if you say so, now tell me what happened to your parents" 

Harry's p.o.v

The words escaped her lips like they were nothing. It was painful enough that she was holding me down on the ground, and now she brought up the one thing I pushed away.

"Why do you care?" I grumbled, holding back the tears that had begun to build.

"let's make a small deal Harry, tell me something about your past and ill tell you something about mine" She offered, whispering in my ear. I nodded, and struggled to get up as a tear fell down the side of my face. Alex let me go and helped me up. Sighing I though back to my parents.

*flashback*

(Harry and Marcel in the middle of 8th grade)

I unlocked the door of the house and opened it. I allowed Marcel in first before stepping in after him.

"what do you want to eat little brother?" I asked dropping my backpack near the door along with his. 

"I think mum is making chicken, so we should get our homework done" He smiled, picking up our backpacks again and hadning me mine, waking to our shared room. He opened the door and walked to his bed, slumping down and opening his bag. I did the same on my bed and quickly wrote down different equations and math problems.