38. Don't babe me!

It's been a month now and still Devin is out that door much more than she should. I can't take it anymore. It hurts every time she is gone, because it leaves me with horrible thoughts of what she might be doing. Kelly barely speaks to her anymore, even looking at her. I know Devin is seeing that and it makes me so angry that she is not saying anything to change it.

She is out right now, but she called and said she would be later than she expected. I am waiting for her, while Kelly is sleeping. It's almost ten-thirty and I can feel the fury building up in my body. I don't think I can control it anymore.

The sound of the door opening makes me get up from the couch. Standing in the middle of the living room with crossed arms I watch Devin come in the door with a tired face.

"Hi babe." She smile as she sees me.

"Don't babe me!" I say in anger. Her eyes widen with surprise as she put her bag down on the floor.

"What is it?" She asks worried. I snort loudly as I roll my eyes.

"You know what it is." I say as she comes towards me. She tries to lay her arms around me, but I move back from her. I can see the look of pain in her eyes, but she should know who much pain Kelly and I am in.

"I know I am late. I'm sorry, but..."

"Don't lie to me!" I shout, and watch Devin take a step back from me.

"If you are out doing what you did before you met me then I swear..."

"I am not." She argue and I can still see that she is intimated by me. I have never been this angry with her before.

"Then why the hell are you out the damn door almost every day and come home late?" I ask and clench my teeth in fury.

"I told you, I am out with my friend." She explain and I know she is lying.

"So you are sleeping with her then?" I shout. Devin watches me, narrowing her eyes while shaking her head.

"No, Andi," She says calmly as she step over to me taking my hands in hers.

"I love you, only you." She tells me, but I shake my head, not believing her.

"You might love me, but I know what you are capable of." I reminded her as I take my hands out of hers and find my way into the bedroom. Grateful that the little girl is still sleeping. I drag one of the pillows and step back into the living room.

"You can sleep on the couch." I tell her as I throw her the pillow.

"Andi." She sigh, but I ignore her as I go back into the bedroom where Kelly is sleeping heavily. I lie down next to her, wrapping my arm around the tiny girl. Feeling tears slip out of my eyes.

Devin and I have not spoken to each other since yesterday, even Kelly has been quiet. She must have noticed that something is wrong. I park the car in front of Devin's school and wait for her to get out. Then I feel a kiss on my cheek, but I ignore it as I keep on looking forward.

"Andi, I am not doing anything stupid," I snort as I look out the side window.

"I love you, way too much." She says, but I just keep my eyes away from her.

"Get out." I say gritting my teeth.

"An..."

"Get out!" I shout. Devin breathes out before she steps out of the door and close it. I watch the girl I love going into the school. Then I start driving to work with tears in my eyes and a hole in my heart.

After work, I decided to pick up Kelly first. Devin can wait, since that is all we do for her. The little girl smiles, as she sees me. Then run towards me and I lift her up in my arms.

"Hi, tiger, are you ready to go to home?" I ask and she nods happily, as I put her back down. I help her to get dressed and then get her into the car.

"Where is Devin?" Kelly asks, worried after she noticed that she is not in the car.

"I wanted to get you first." I smile to the girl in the backseat and she nods. I start driving to Devin's school and not long after we are there, but there is no Devin. I take up my phone and call her.

"Where are you?" I ask.

"I'm coming." She just say and hang up. A couple of minutes later she comes out the door, with Gwen next to her. They are talking about something, and I do not care what. I just want us to go home. Devin opens the door, but doesn't sit in.

"I come home later." She says, the look on her face shows that she knows what she is doing is going to make this much more. My eyes widen, stunned what of just happened. I clench my hands into fist, wishing I could get out of the car and scream right in her face of how angry I am with her.

I watch Kelly looking at Devin walk down the street with Gwen. I can see the hurt in the little girl's eyes. Devin knows we are angry with her and she is not even doing it better now. I sigh while shaking my head.

"Let's go get some ice cream?" I smile to my tiger and she nods. Not even a smile on her face. I put the car in gear and start driving to find a place to eat ice cream. Poor girl.