27. Hi, beautiful

I have been talking to my family the whole evening, catching up with them. Everything is just as it used to with Jace, just touring with his band. Having a great time. The only thing that has changed with him is his hair. It's a little longer, but a little curly as well.

Ethan is doing better after he got that little break when I took care of his little daughter, Lindsey. Nathan still enjoys working with mom at the hospital and that he met someone there, telling me how beautiful she is. Alex has now started to search for college and she looks forward to start now. After months of thinking.

Ma and mom still looks as happy as they have always been. Even though I can see how much they miss all of us in the house. Imagine, having so many kids and then all of them just move out one after one, until there is only one left, but maybe in just months it will just be the two of them. It must be a weird feeling, but they are lucky that we come here as often as we do. We love them so much, all of us. Couldn't have been happier here than any other place.

I step into my bedroom only to hear that cute snoring sound. Devin went to bed earlier than me today. I think all of the nerves in her body has made her exhausted, but she did very well today. She didn't even need to try. Devin is lovely just the way she is and I know they liked her. Especially, Alex. Since they are only a year apart.

I narrow my eyes of the thought that Devin is four years younger than I am. It's not often I think about it, even though she might be a little childish, but that is what I like about her. She is not afraid to touch me the way others wouldn't dare. Which was very surprising at the start, because as I said, no one have ever done that to me before. It was uncomfortable and annoying at the start, but as I started to like her more. It just became one of the things I like about her.

I pull of my sweater as I step over to the bed, but get surprised as I see the younger girl lying there on her stomach, her torso exposed. Showing her back, which is all covered in tattoos. They fit her perfectly. I take off my socks and pants. Then I try to push Devin further in, since she is lying all over the bed.

"Hmm?" She breathes as she moves in for me to lie next to her.

"Hi, beautiful." I smile as I lean down to kiss her shoulder. Then moving my fingers lightly on her inked skin. Devin smiles of my touch with her eyes closed.

"It feels good." She mumble on the pillow and then wrinkle her cheek. I chuckle low of her beauty as I lay down on the pillow and kiss her forehead.

"I love you, Andi." She can barely say before the tiredness comes over her.

"I love you too, Devin." I smile and start stroking her cheek, lightly.

"You promise?" She mumble.

"I promise."

I wake up in the middle of the night that I am lying alone. Devin, don't usually wake up at night. I look around the bedroom, but there is no one here, except for me. After a while of thinking she might be in the bathroom, I get up and put some clothes on to look for her.

First, I look in the bathroom, but there is no on there. I decided to step down the stairs and smile as I hear my girl sing. I wish she could do that more often, because she has the most amazing singing voice. I find my love sitting in a chair with my niece in her arms. Devin hasn't seen me yet, so I just stand here looking at the both of them.

Maybe Devin heard Ethan down here and offered to help so he could go back sleep. She has this amazing glowing look in her eyes as she is staring at the baby girl in her arms. I can feel the tears want to come out of my eyes, by just the view of them. Then she starts to speak. Telling the little girl about how much she misses her little sister Kelly. How much she loved her and how it broke her heart to lose her.

Devin didn't deserve to lose her. She tried very hard to take care of her, but it was not enough, I guess. God, no matter what she does and how hard, it's not enough. No wonder why she is so full of anger and frustration. She stops talking and just look at the little one she is holding.

Sighing, I step back up the stairs and into my bedroom to look for my phone.

"Hi, I'm sorry for calling you so late, but I need your help."