28. What have you done to me?

Devin woke up six this morning and she is leaning her head on my shoulder. Struggling to keep her eyes open as we are watching a movie. Not long after I smile by her cute snoring sound. She is gone to the world now. I grab her feet and place them over mine. She opens her eyes for a short moment.

"Come here." I smile as I drag her into my lap and she leans her head on my shoulder as I hold her.

"What have you done to me?" She mumbles so cute that I have to kiss her forehead.

"Caring for you." I smile, which cause her to snort.

"Oh, good morning," Ethan say as he comes with Lindsey in his arms.

"Thought I was the only one that was up earlier." He smile as he sits down in the chair.

"No, apparently Devin likes to wake up before the sun." I chuckle, earning a light slap on my shoulder.

"Well, if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have been sleeping this much as I have these last days." Ethan says gratefully and kiss the top of his daughter's head. She is so cute, which makes me so angry that her mother just left something so beautiful. I couldn't have done that to my own child. I jump in my seat as I feel a kiss on the top of my head. As I look up I watch mom laughing of me. I roll my eyes.

"Good morn..."

"You asshole!" We all turn to look at Jace running in here laughing and Alex after him.

"Hey! What's going on?" Mom asks angrily as she stops Alex from getting to Jace.

"He used all the warm water!" Alex says in fury almost ready to jump on Jace. I feel Devin's breath on my cheek.

"Your family is the definition of insanity." She chuckles low in my ear, and I can't but nod agreeing with her.

"Jace," Mom sigh as she turns to him, rubbing her forehead.

"Then," Ma says as she comes into the living room, standing next to mom to look at their son.

"From now on Jace, you are the one who has to take the last shower in this house." Ma say and I hear Alex trying to hide her laugh. Jace just rolls his eyes as he walks out of the living room. I turn back to look at Devin, who is smiling, but struggle to keep her eyes open.

"Your parents are funny." She whispers as she leans her forehead on mine.

"I know." I smile and kiss her cheek.